This is a faith-based contest where you can share your experiences with others.
I want to thank a E Weatherwax is bizzzie for all the beautiful graphics that grace this forum.
I wanted to take ""The Lighthouse Poetry Contests" " further by designing a short story contest. This contest will allow you to share with others the experience you have had with God and your testimonies of how He has worked and works in your life. You will have the opportunity to write about your blessings and express your thankfulness that He is and works in your life.
How does God bless your life? Have you had a dangerous situation and didn't know how to get out of it? Do you count your blessings daily and thank Him for them? How did He help you get through a difficult time in your life?
I hope that you find encouragement here and share your testimonies and love that you have for God. It is a wonderous feeling the love that comes from within one's soul. It wants to burst out and be seen by all. Come along and share with me, HIS LOVE!
1. Your writing must be a short story of 1000 words or less about your encounter with God.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. The rating must be "E" for everyone. If not, you will disqualify your entry.
4. The short story must be newly written, and NOT previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged. - Please edit for spellings/typos and grammar etc. before submitting your entry.
6. The deadline for your short story will be @ 11:59 EST WdC time on the last day of the month.
7. There must be three entries for the first place to be awarded. A minimum of five entries for a first place, second place, and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth-place if there are twelve or more entries. The judge or judges will determine any Honorable Mention.
8. Your short story MUST be in b-item, item form. Book entries are excepted but would prefer b-item or item form. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help.
9. Please, add a dropnote that will include word count, the prompt, and any other info needed in it at the BOTTOM of your page. When using a DROPNOTE it takes away any distractions from your story. If your not sure how to do this, I will help you with it, or you can consult WritingML Help.
10. I will review, judge, award and make the winner announcement's by the 7th of each month, sooner if possible. Please NO edits until after the Winner's announcement, or you will disqualify yourself. I don't want that to happen, because we are all very gifted writers.
Short Story 1000 words or less
"Count Your (My) Blessing's"
This has been a trying time for most of us this year. How has God blessed you in 2020? Write a short story of 1000 words or less of how God has blessed you this year. Most of us have had changes this year, some small and some extensive. When you have self-doubt, what did you do to overcome it, and did you involve God in it, or did you try and solve it by yourself. Show vs. Tell, give me the emotions you had, and how you felt at the end of it. Use "Count Your (My) Blessing's" in your story and highlight it in grape, so you're not disqualified. You can use Count Your Blessings or Count My Blessings or both ways as long as you highlight them.
Please BOLD and HIGHLIGHT "Count Your (My) Blessing's" in GRAPE so it stands out for my eyes, the rest in BLACK... LOL, It is much easier for me. Thank you
Please NO more than 1000 words and make sure you read all the RULES, SORRY to repeat but sometimes you just have to. I just don't want you to disqualify yourself, this is where RULE #9 applies. Please, add a dropnote that will include word count, the prompt, and any other info needed in it at the BOTTOM of your page.
Entry fee there is NO entry fee.
10,000 GP's, an Awardicon for your story and will be featured the following month.
5,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your story.
An Awardicon for your story.
An Awardicon for your story. (If there are 12 or more entries).
The judge or judges will determine an Honorable Mention.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Short Story Contest Bank ID: 2214705
There are two ways to earn a Merit Badge.
A donation of 50,000 GP's you will receive the beautiful MB "Lighthouse Poetry."
A donation of 100,000 GP's you will receive the beautiful MB "Celebrating Life."
A donation of 150,000 GP's you will receive the beautiful MB "The Light from Within."
A donation of 250,000 plus, you will receive all THREE MB's a savings of 50,000k.
The second way is to enter FIVE monthly contests in a row. You will receive "The Light from Within" MB.
Please remind me when you enter your fifth entry, so I don't leave anyone out.
The Lighthouse Short Story Contest Donation List Is Kept On "The Lighthouse S.S.Contest Donor Page"
The Lighthouse Short Story Contest Winner List Is Kept On "The Lighthouse S.S. Contest Winner page"
I forgot it is limited to "The Lighthouse Poetry Contests" you will have to collect it there!