June 15th 2022 Cancelled due to lack of interest.
Cancelled due to lack of interest as of June 15th. I will try to come up with a better quiz. |
Poetry Quiz - The idea is not to have the correct answer but to learn the correct answer.
Monthly Line for June 25,000gp draw.
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
Monthly draw Prize - 25,000
Year end - Grand Prize Draw for all monthly winners - 100,000gp
I will post one line from a poem in the first message of this item. (pinned)
One line will be selected a random poem from
Answer 5 Questions in 5 Categories to be entered in draw
(1) the Poem,
(2) the Poet,
(3) the Year,
(4) Form type,
(5) a Poetic term of your choice and define it,
Poetic term answers will be rated based on POETRY FOUNDATION
Sonnet - A 14-line poem with a variable rhyme scheme originating in Italy
Acmeism - An early 20th-century Russian school of poetry that rejected the vagueness and emotionality of Symbolism in favor of Imagist clarity and texture. Its proponents included Osip Mandelstam and Anna Akhmatova.
- Must answer all 5 questions correctly to be entered into monthly draw for 25,000gp.
- Winner will be chosen by random number counted down from date received and verified correct answers
- One entry per month duplicates will be deleted each month.
- Multiple entries from monthly winners will be entered for Year End Grand Prize Draw. IE. If the same person wins June & July they will be entered 2 times in the Year End Draw.
- Judging will start on the 15th of each month. New questions will be posted and Prize will be awarded by the 20th of each month.
- Editing is allowed until then end of 14th of each month.
- Internet searches are allowed. The idea is not to have the correct answer but to learn the correct answer.
- Copy and paste is accepted since I cannot be bothered to figure out if you copied the answer.
- 18+ content allowed but all content must be rated
- Violence, Hate, will be reviewed and removed/hidden if the judges deem it unsuitable to public consumption.
- Appeal to the judges is allowed after removal. Judges may remove/hide any post for any reason and the appeal decision is Final.
- Rules and judges and prizes will not change during current month but may change in subsequent months.
- Current Judges - Jim https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/view/bearbit
My two cents worth One cent after tax
Jim (bearbit) Jim (bearbit0
Poetry Quiz & Draw
My rating system.