SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1422142
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Contest · #1185376
A Contest: write the back cover description for your book -- WINNERS
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 24, 2006 at 10:24am
blurb for my book
The following is the blurb I wrote to describe another of my works-in-progress, entitled "Einhorn" (unicorn in German):

Orphaned as a young boy, Brother Nonne has been brought up as a sword-monk in blissful seclusion at the White Abbey of the Einhorn Order. Attaining his majority, he is presented with his first mission, and so begins a long and troublesome journey that will remove him forever from the tranquility of the quiet mountain abbey.

In a Medieval world of dynamic political intrigue and devious machinations, the Church is a vital organ of the state and the only guiding light in the Dark Ages. Entrusted since the dawn of time with the conservation of political stability, the Church seeks through Nonne, as its current agent, to preserve intact the "royal connection" and to restore national peace and order.

But Brother Nonne will soon discover that in this particular operation, much more personal matters are at stake than merely the life of a royal Princess he has never met, or the fate of the as yet unborn kingdom's future heir.

Pursued, and at the same time led, by the mysterious unicorn that has dogged his steps since childhood, Nonne is on a quest not only to protect the heir to the throne, but also discover the truth about his own birth and identity.

The Church plays the bishop to the royal family's King on a real-life chessboard where the whole land's Destiny is at stake...

I'm currently in the process of editing and adding to this piece offline. I am entering the blurb for the NOVEL category of the contest; the blurb's length is 225 words (quite lengthy). Here is the bitem link to the item in my Port:
 Einhorn (Unicorn)  (ASR)
A young monk's quest to uncover the truth of his birth + resolve a religious dispute
#937516 by inbuninbu-- in Japan!!

Best of luck to all entrants!

- inbuninbu
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
blurb for my book · 12-24-06 10:24am
by inbuninbu-- in Japan!!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Voxxylady.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1422142