*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3161851
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 7, 2018 at 2:04am
Aspiring Sci-Fi Writer and Writing.com n00b
by A Non-Existent User
I am completely new to this platform and have been writing for as long as I can remember. Math always perplexed me because of all of its logic and rules. Writing had rules, but like art, the rules could often be bent or broken for the betterment of the piece overall. Before high school, I was convinced somehow that becoming a published writer and/or author was somehow difficult. Throughout high-school, I focused instead on honing my fine art skills. I ended up attending a four-year art and design university instead of pursuing writing. I always loved it but it seemed completely out of reach, unattainable, an utter fantasy.

As I grew older I began to understand that plenty of things in life seems like an utter fantasy unless you work for them. I suppose I'm at the point where I am more than willing to work, no matter where it goes. I forgot how good it felt to build a whole world and share it with people. Writing is such an immerse art and is very much like my beloved painting.

I guess I came here looking for a platform that thrived on feedback, inspiration. Something that could lead to finding a community of fellow writers that would help me truly grow.

Any tips any of you can provide on utilizing that platform to its fullest are truly appreciated.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Aspiring Sci-Fi Writer and Writing.com n00b · 02-07-18 2:04am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Aspiring Sci-Fi Writer and Writing.com n00b · 02-07-18 6:04pm
by Kimbug
Re: Re: Aspiring Sci-Fi Writer and Writing.com n00b · 02-07-18 7:06pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3161851