*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3280423
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 8, 2019 at 12:36pm
Getting Your Writing Environment Organized
I'm seriously struggling with getting myself organized and on track. I find I have good ideas for projects (both fiction and nonfiction), and even write down a lot, but when it comes time to actually sit down and start putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), I can't even get started. My physical environment is in chaos right now as we're doing some moving around after the death of my mother and brother recently, and that just leads to my mind being in chaos as well.

I could really use some advice on ways you get organized and start producing work, both where you do your writing and getting your work organized in your computer. What programs do you use? How do you have your desk/room organized physically and aesthetically to help you create? What helps you get in the right "mood" to write?

I feel like I'm such a mess right now after losing my mom and brother, but I want to stop procrastinating and going after my dreams. I've wanted to be a writer since I was in 4th grade and started contributing art and writing to our classroom newsletter, more decades ago than I care to admit. I have so many ideas I've written down, and even started collecting research and writing pieces for a military thriller I've had in mind since 2007. I just can't manage to get off my keister and start producing.

I would love any suggestions from you. Everyone here is so amazing and I'm glad I finally got here, I just want to become as productive as you are. Any advice you can give this newbie would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I need to stop wasting this life I have and live it to the fullest to make up for the time my family didn't get to fully enjoy, as they died too soon.

Thank you all!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-08-19 12:36pm
by Woman of a Certain Age
Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-08-19 4:17pm
by Tobber
Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-11-19 12:15pm
by Woman of a Certain Age
Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-11-19 3:02pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-12-19 8:34am
by Bikerider
Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-13-19 6:13am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3280423