Get it for
Apple iOS.
Creative fun in
the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/100931
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(660)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous · Message List · Next >>
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:02pm
Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized
Hi and Welcome
Sorry to hear life’s not so good at the moment. You ask how others get themselves organized and what programs they use. The first part of the question is easily answered. We’re all different, so what works for some doesn't for others. Personally, music works for me. Give yourself a little time to discover what works for you.
As to what you can do to get your desk/room organized physically and aesthetically to help you create? Believe me, once you develop characters you believe in, and a storyline that excites you, you won’t care about your surroundings, you’ll be too busy creating a world of your own making.
You ask about programs. In my opinion, I would say Microsoft Word is essential to a budding writer, also a small program called Wordweb Thesaurus. It sits in the word processor’s bottom tray, and saves you having to leave your storyline to discover a better word than the one you have used. It can be downloaded free of charge.
Another program you should look into is ProwritingAid, which will help with both the grammar and style of your writing. There is a free online version, but if you can afford it, I would recommend the Professional version as it work from within Microsoft Word.
If you wish, I could email you ProwritingAid’s Writing Training Plan which they released as a free aid recently. I found it very helpful.
Hope you settle in and enjoy what’s on offer at WDC.
Best Wishes
Pimpernel
MESSAGE THREAD
Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-08-19 12:36pm
by Woman of a Certain Age
Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-08-19 4:17pm
by Tobber
Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-11-19 12:15pm
by Woman of a Certain Age
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-11-19 3:02pm
by Pimpernel
Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-12-19 8:34am
by Bikerider
Re: Re: Re: Re: Getting Your Writing Environment Organized · 07-13-19 6:13am
by WakeUpAndLive‍‍~Summer2019

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password:
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/100931