*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293284
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 9, 2019 at 9:59am
GOALS: Restarting Baby Steps (9/9)
         Last week I didn't stick strictly to my goals during the school week. However, I did manage to finish reading Welcome to Marwencol and write a character's backstory over the weekend. This week I'll make my goals more specific and solid while still keeping it simple. Hopefully knowing how long these goals take each day will keep me on track.

I will brainstorm any story topic for ten minutes each day. Whatever I write won't be restricted to a specific story or character. I could go on my Google Drive, pick a story or character that interests me at the moment, and write whatever comes to mind. Writing for ten minutes will ensure I'm writing a substantial amount while not draining my energy. I hope to find a reliable source of Early Modern English on the side. That way when I proofread what I have so far of my current script, the characters will sound authentic to the time period they're in.

I will continue reading The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Hidden Gallery for 30 minutes a day. The scene I'm currently on takes place in a now-nonexistent restaurant in Victorian London. I'd like to learn more about it. I will also read a Breathe magazine on my Kindle for fifteen minutes a day. I have a few of those gathering dust on there, but I love the issues and the advice they give on mindfulness.

Hopefully remembering the specifics will encourage me to fulfill these goals. I know it'll be difficult to get back in the saddle. As long as I keep coming back here each Monday, I'll know I'm giving each goal my best shot.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
GOALS: Restarting Baby Steps (9/9) · 09-09-19 9:59am
by Howler of the Moon

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293284