Creative fun in
the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/1723002
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #1723002
Books, TV, Movies, Music, Too...Quotes I Like
<< Previous · Message List · Next >>
Oct 29, 2019 at 9:21am
*Type*Reading, Etc in October
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin was excellent reading and informative. She put that whole Show Don't Tell nonsense in its place with citations and proof positive that it has been misused with bad intentions by posers over the years. I got reviews 17 years ago and as recently as this year - that told me that hogwash. Discouraged my writing, it did. And I still remember the whos that are still here doing it, too.

Now, I'm reading All Summer Long by Dorothea Benton Frank. Her writing has a lot of sarcastic sass and it's entertaining to me. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it due to other things. I am way behind in my "real book" reading.

I read Mrs. Paine's Garage and am trying to read Norman Mailer's Oswald's Story. So far, his book is more about Marina than the other Oswald.

We are watching some excellent American Pickers. When the seasons are on sale for $9.99 I scoop them up at Amazon. We do enjoy those boys from my beloved Iowa roots.

Beatles music has been the key to happiness this month.

Oh and Ringo's Photograph book. Enjoyed that and watching A Hard Day's Night and of course, going to the cinema to see Downton Abbey for the 2nd time. Saw it the first time in September. Can't wait for the Blu Ray, already ordered from Amazon. We haven't been to the cinema (Until Downton) in 7 plus years so it was a bit of a treat. I don't think any of the previews were riveting enough to bring us back. They looked kind of insipid, although it was fun to see that old hag Angelina Jolie's face crumble with age and her mean nature.

Thing Signature Made For tHiNg!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Type*Reading, Etc in October · 10-29-19 9:21am
by ♥hOOves♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥hOOves♥.
Username:
Password:
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/1723002