the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/1723002
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #1723002
Books, TV, Movies, Music, Too...Quotes I Like
<< Previous · Message List · Next >>
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:03am
Edited: December 17, 2019 at 11:55am
*Type*Great Movies etc.
I loved the Downton Abbey movie so much that I went to see it twice after not going to the movie theater for more than seven years. Of course, it will be snubbed by all the major awards because it was too well done and too fine a story based on (horrors) a TV show.

I want to see Richard Jewell now more than ever since the media is trashing it. They must be very threatened about being portrayed as the dishonest scum that many of them are. Clint Eastwood is always on the money in his productions. I don't know about going to the theater. We could end up seeing it on Amazon Prime in the comfort of home.

Richard Jewell was a hero who saved lives. The media decided on their own that they didn't like him. So, they trashed him, accused him of terrorism and ruined his life and then he died very young from all the stress. It was a swarm of bullies. Someone else ended up being the culprit. I won't dignify him by writing his name. He admitted it and hid like the coward he was, for a good long while.

In other news, we watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on Amazon Prime. It cost about what it would have to see it at the theater. What a wonderful film! I thoroughly enjoyed it and won't give away the marvelous twist on the ending. It takes place in 1969 in Hollywood and has a character that is similar to Clint Eastwood and his sidekick/stuntman. There was some really funny stuff as in all of Quentin Tarantino's films. I absolutely loved Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in this. I think they both hit it out of the park. As I indicated, there is a surprise in store for the viewer. The backdrop for the DiCaprio character is a fading career in westerns during the same year that his neighbor, Sharon Tate, is visited by those awful Manson monsters. They figure prominently in the film.

I also loved the dog and Brad Pitt - nice pairing there.

I totally recommend the film, especially if you enjoyed Pulp Fiction like I did.

*Heart*

Christmas tHiNg
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Type*Great Movies etc. · 12-17-19 10:03am
by ♥hOOvsie♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ♥hOOvsie♥.
Username:
Password:
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/1723002