*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346519
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 22, 2020 at 5:07am
Update: More than just scraping by (2020.05.22)
by Tobber
Work ended up being about as busy as I had predicted, so setting the bar low turned out to be a good idea. I did completely my goals, sort of, mostly.

*BoxCheck* Get one WYRM review done.
I got this one done early in the week. I would've liked getting an extra review done, but it turned out the chapter I had to review was a long one, so one will have to do.

*BoxCheck* Start my next WIP and write every day.
Technically, I did make this one. When I stated that I needed to write each day, I actually meant on my WIP (a new short story). The outline I had done turned out to be sufficient, so I did start writing on the story this Monday, and continued Tuesday and Thursday, and even managed to finish the first scene and be relatively satisfied with it. I didn't get around to working on the story during Wednesday and probably not today either, but I did do a writing exercise both days, so, yeah, I wrote every day. Also, I'm actually more than okay with this, which I guess is the most important part. I need to keep up with the writing exercises as well so I can keep improving.

*BoxCheck* Do a blog post.
I did my monthly short story recommendation   post, so that's another firm yet not exactly overwhelming success. I did figure out what my next blog post should be about and started outlining it, so, yeah.

All things considered, it turned out to be a pretty good week.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Update: More than just scraping by (2020.05.22) · 05-22-20 5:07am
by Tobber

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346519