*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3419380
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 1, 2021 at 5:11pm
Re: ratings
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
A Cassandra. --

I suspect he is posting but that I am not seeing.

Not necessarily. Content ratings cannot be changed for just a part of an item. They apply to the whole item. If you can see the item, it's not a content rating issue.

If it's a Book item, he could be posting private entries - that's an access restriction, not a content rating issue. People do that with draft entries they're not finished with and not ready to let anyone see yet. He could also be editing the header to leave himself private notes using the hide tags. Again, not a content rating issue.

It's also possible to edit an item without making changes. Some people think that's a good idea because it shifts the item to the top of the Recently Modified sort in the site search. However, like the boy who cried wolf, it also risks annoying and wasting the time of people who have already Favorited the item. It's usually done with completed items that people are promoting.

how do I check/change the rating of what I can view?

Unless you have previously set a content BLOCKER, which requires using a passcode to unlock higher rated content, you can view any content rating from a portfolio listing or a link. These are usually set by parents on their teenager's account.

What you see in a site search listing, the Reviewers page & its subpages, and the Newsfeeds is determined by your content rating filter, which can be viewed and changed in any location you see it. A convenient one is at the top of the Newsfeed page; it's a drop menu on the right side.

how do I remove something from my favorites list?

Click the FAVORITES header in the right nav column, or My Account/Favorites, to open the Favorites page. Find the item you want to deal with - use the search bar at the top of that page if necessary. Click the X at the right end of that Favorite, and confirm you want to delete it.

Hope that helps.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
ratings · 05-01-21 10:33am
by A Cassandra.
Re: ratings · 05-01-21 4:21pm
by A Cassandra.
*Star* Re: ratings · 05-01-21 5:11pm
Re: Re: ratings · 05-01-21 5:27pm
by A Cassandra.
Re: Re: Re: ratings · 05-01-21 10:32pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3419380