*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3455667
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(669)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 7, 2021 at 6:43pm
New Writer Who Dis?
by Past Member 'jsmitters08'
Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I’m J. I’m in my thirties, but have been writing for funsies since I was young. I’ve always been one for a good story, but I can never make up my mind about the direction my story should go, which probably explains why I have yet to get out a full first draft.

I’m neurodivergent- I live with OCD, severe anxiety, moderate depression, and PTSD. My goal is to not only get a first draft down on paper, but to write a character that can tell my story of my experience with mental illness.

I initially thought I was going to take 2021 and get my first draft down on paper, but that has been easier said than done because of the aforementioned indecisiveness combined with my perfectionist tendencies.

I tend to be a lone wolf when writing. I keep my cards close to my chest. I don’t even let my husband read what I write. Again- perfectionist tendencies and indecisiveness does not a social writer make. I’m hoping that by joining writing.com, I’ll be able to open myself up a little more and let others read my work. As of now, I’m just not there yet.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Writer Who Dis? · 10-07-21 6:43pm
by Past Member 'jsmitters08'
Re: New Writer Who Dis? · 10-07-21 7:45pm
by WriterAngel

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3455667