Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
Okay. That is working for me, and no one else has reported this problem. That narrows it down.
Please answer all the questions this time.
Are you using a phone?
Are you using the same device you were using when you edited items before (such as July 2021)?
Does your device require a double-tap to select+input?
Is this the item you want to edit? "DEAR ME"
Can you see the gray gear icon? In Full Site View, it's at the upper right corner of the item you want to edit, at the far right end of the Portfolio tabs area and next to the FAVORITES header in the right column, or in Mobile View, it's under the right corner of your suitcase icon.
When you click on the gear icon in any of your other items, now, does it open the Item Tools menu?
If so, you could copy/paste the text from the view page of the problem item to the create page of a new Static item, fill out the rest of the form and save it, and then just delete the problem item.
When something is weird, the first thing to try is to clear your browser cache:
1. Log out. Clear browser cache. Shut down all browser windows. Reboot the browser. Log back in.
2. Make sure your browser is up to date.
3. Try another browser. [The site doesn't support Edge.]
4. Reboot your computer.
5. Try another computer.
Additional tips for iPad from SM:
1. Try a hard-reboot: Press and hold the home button and power button until the iPad turns off ... then turn it back on again.
2. Try installing Chrome for iPad. It's free and it's in the App store. Chrome often works much better than Safari for all sorts of things.
Hope that helps.