*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3522035
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:20am
Re: Re: O.T. new writing exercise.
That does sound interesting, Duke the Fluke, and I agree that it could be an interesting endeavor in the Newsfeed. *Smile* Though you should also work on building up a fanbase for that, too. I don't know if you've noticed that when you post (which isn't very often), you don't get a lot of responses. That's likely because you only have 2 fans. When a person is on their Newsfeed, they only see notes from people whose Plus Sign they've clicked at least once (to set them as a Favorite) or twice (to become a Fan of that person, in which case they will see the megaphone). If a person hasn't clicked your Plus, they won't see what you've written, unless they are on the Community Newsfeed...which very few people are. *Frown*

I see you're only a fan of 2 people, so unless you have a bunch of other people you've only favorited, your Newsfeed is likely pretty boring--at least in my opinion. *Laugh* Go to your Newsfeed, then click "View the Community Newsfeed" along the top and you'll see what EVERYONE is posting, not just your tiny corner of WdC. *Wink* It's a great way to meet new folks, find new activities, and generally see what's going on. Granted, not everything on there is interesting. *Think* *Yawn* But there are definitely some cool notes posted...some days there are more cool notes than others. *Laugh* Definitely check it out several different days. *Wink*

Then when you get on the Community Newsfeed, scroll, Like, comment, and start making friends! *Delight* As people start to get to know you and like you, they'll click your Plus. If they only click it once, you won't know except that they're interacting with you regularly, but also, maybe they are one of the few folks that get on the Community Newsfeed. *Wink* If they double click your Plus, you get a notification that you've been fanned. *Party* Also, some folks will fan you just because you fanned them, so when you meet someone you like, don't shy away from that double click. *Bigsmile* Then the more folks who click your Plus, the more folks who will see your notes on their Personal Newsfeed, the default 99.99% of WdC uses. *Wink*

Also, side note about fanning items you like--if you see a contest you want to keep track of, you have to go ONTO the contest page. Then in the upper right corner, click the plus there, not the one right by the owners name. And don't click it in the bitem (big item) like you see in the Newsfeed. That just fans the person, not the item. I know. I did that a LOT as a Newbie. *Laugh*

I do apologize if you already know all this. *Wink* But if not, I definitely hope you hop on the Community Newsfeed, start making some friends and fans, and start building a following for your idea. People might really start looking forward to the opportunity to post their word mashup and definition! *Delight*

Good luck with everything! *4leaf*

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Amanda created this sig based on a quote from me.
MESSAGE THREAD
O.T. new writing exercise. · 04-30-21 1:51am
by Duke the Fluke
Re: O.T. new writing exercise. · 09-22-22 4:14pm
by Jim Hall - GoT Forest Child
*Star* Re: Re: O.T. new writing exercise. · 09-23-22 2:20am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3522035