Making mythological creatures more realistic but still magical
|You find a portal to another realm where mythological creatures are common but there are some differences from what you've read in stories.|
I'm serious that the creatures in Mythreal are different from traditional ideas about mythological creatures. Please don't assume that they are blood thirsty monsters or are capable of powerful magic. For further information check out "Guide to Mythreal" .
The realm is medieval with many small kingdoms (no empires). However, due to magic, the people enjoy a fairly decent quality of life. Even the poorest people have access to some magic although their magic is limited to a few basic spells such as cloth mending or food preparing spells. Only the wizards can perform grander spells.
1. Ask permission before adding any creatures or mythological beings. I want some consistency across all the creatures and beings. Most should be species with their own cultures and not monsters. I will not allow beings that cannot be made to fit this realm so no demons, giants or dragons. Regarding giants, I'm establishing a reasonable size limit at no smaller than six inches and no larger than twelve feet for any adult individual. Also no smaller than twelve inches and no larger than ten feet for any species average.
2. Don't go overboard with the magic. I'm allowing magic primarily so the protagonist has the opportunity to become a mythological being. I'm also allowing magic so the lives of the poor aren't so depressing. However, I generally dislike magic and how easily it can lead to chaos or godmodding so keep the magic limited.
3. Sex is allowed but don't overdo it. Gay or straight is fine. In fact, I prefer the protagonist be male. However, I am more interested in the relationship than I am in the sex. Some interspecies sex can produce viable offspring such as half-minotaurs or half-gorgons. It's magic folks. Even a gay couple can magically have offspring.
4. Don't be blood thirsty. Death is allowed and you can even write a story where someone is out to murder someone. However, allow options where the characters survive and don't write any "last one standing" type stories.
5. Don't be gross. This is not a weight gain story or a fart story.
6. Write quality. I do reserve the right to edit or delete poorly written chapters.