*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2788017-Candace-wants-Sam-to-join-her-and-Mara
Rated: GC · Interactive · Supernatural · #2202398
A group of friends battle the supernatural and look good while doing it...
This choice: Candace wants Sam to join her and Mara  •  Go Back...
Chapter #9

Candace wants Sam to join her and Mara

    by: HikerAngel
“Mara and I are going to the movies this afternoon. Wanna come?”

Sam’s thumbs trembled in excitement as I texted back.

“Yes! W&w?”

“Mall @ 3”

“C u then”

Candace had asked him to go to the movies with her.

Candace had asked him to go to the movies with her.

Oh. My. God.

That Mara would also be there did nothing to temper his enthusiasm. He was going to see Candace again!

He beamed as he got into the car.

***

Sam paced in front of the theater as he waited for the girls to arrive. Getting there twenty minutes early was probably a little overboard, but he didn’t want anything to prevent him from meeting up with Candace.

He checked his phone. No texts. It was 3:01. Where was she? He mentally chided himself for the thought. One minute? You’re seriously going to worry about her being a single minute late?

As he looked up, he caught sight of them, Candace’s hair glowing like satin embers in the afternoon sun. She was deep in conversation with Mara as they climbed the steps to the theater entrance.

When Candace saw him, she smiled. Sam reflexively returned it with a lopsided grin of his own as he studied her viridian eyes. The look appeared again, maybe not as obvious as before, but it was there nonetheless.

There was a bit of mischief, a bit of gratitude, and a bit of something else. He couldn’t quite… No! It couldn’t be, could it?

Desire?

It was a look he hadn’t seen in her eye before, certainly not for him. He shook the thought away. Wishful thinking. That’s all it was. If he wanted to see desire, he should just think of her and look in the damn mirror. Then he could see what desire looked like.

Mara’s eyes moved from Sam to Candace and back again. Her mouth momentarily fell open before she clamped it shut.

What was that all about? What had Mara noticed? Could Sam have been right? Had she seen desire in Candace’s beautiful eyes too? He was going to have to have a chat with her if he could manage to get a moment alone...

“Thanks for coming, Sam, my knight in shining armor…” She let those words sink in, a coy look on her face, before continuing. “Mara here wants to see Bloody Murder 3, but I was thinking more along the lines of Teen Shenanigans Part 2. Maybe you can break the tie?” she asked, holding her hands behind her back and twisting slightly from side to side.

She was dressed conservatively, but it was difficult to hide the swells of her nubile breasts behind anything, let alone tight, thin fabric. Could she make it any harder for Sam to concentrate, pushing them outward like that?

“I… uh…” he said, tearing his eyes away from Candace and focusing them on Mara, so he could recover from his vision-induced bout of babbling idiotitis. “How about Teen Shenanigans?”

Candace’s smile broadened as she turned toward Mara, a victorious sparkle in her eye.

“See? Sam has good taste. He doesn’t go for that lame slasher movie stuff.” She gave him a wink. Were her lashes thicker? Sam had spent many hours memorizing Candace’s features, and he had always thought of her eyelashes as thin.

“Yeah. Like that dumbass, raunchy comedy is going to win an Oscar or something,” said Mara in mock outrage. “But whatever. If you guys want to see an insipid high school comedy written by some fifty-seven-year-old guy in Hollywood, so be it.”

The friends bought their tickets and popcorn then walked into the theater to take their seats. Finding the seats that matched their tickets, they sat down, Candace in the middle, Mara and Sam to each side.

Candace’s skirt slid up her leg as she wriggled into the seat, giving a tantalizing view of the milky skin of her upper thigh. She didn’t seem to have noticed. She didn’t brush the cloth back down, anyway.

Sam glanced sidelong at her legs, attempting to evade notice. It didn’t work. She noticed anyway.

“What?” she said, with a questioning smile, turning toward him, inadvertently shifting her skirt further up her thigh. Sam fought the urge to look.

“Nothing. Just wanted to make sure you’re comfortable,” he recovered nicely.

“Yes, silly. But thanks for checking,” she said with a grin, then shifted toward Mara to continue their debate the relative lameness of teen romcoms.

Her attention elsewhere, Sam was free to ogle her slender legs. Which he did. As often as possible. All movie long.

***

After the movie, Candace ran off to use the restroom, and Sam had his chance to question Mara.

“Mara, outside the theater, when we first met up, you seemed surprised for a minute. What was that all about?”

Mara’s eyes widened briefly at the unexpected question, and she paused for a moment before responding.

“I don’t know. I just thought I saw something. No big.”

“What? What did you think you saw? Was it me?”

“Well, yeah it was you. You were looking at Candace like a lovesick puppy! I almost had to throw you a doggie treat or something,” she said with a wicked grin. “But that’s not…” She trailed off, expression changing to look almost troubled.

“That’s not what?” Sam said, growing exasperated by her reluctance to come out with it.

“It’s just that I thought I saw something in Candace’s expression, that’s all.”

“Saw what already?”

Candace was walking back toward us. If Sam didn’t get her talk now, he would lose his opportunity.

“She seemed into you for a sec. I know, crazy right? Candace is never into anybody...”

Candace came within earshot then, and Sam couldn’t ask Mara any more details.

Mara greeted her and the two got to talking again. Sam’s world tilted as he absorbed Mara’s words, confirmation that he hadn’t been imagining things when he’d seen her look himself.

Could Mara be right? Could Candace actually be into him? He staggered behind the two girls, thoughts swirling in a tantalizing vortex, as they walked toward the mall to grab a bite to eat.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Sam is bold at dinner

*Noteb*
2. Sam is timid at dinner

*Noteb*
3. Candace is bold at dinner

4. Mara stirs things up

*Noteb*
5. Something else happens...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2788017-Candace-wants-Sam-to-join-her-and-Mara