*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Drop Zone Delta
  2. Mission Control
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394697-Drop-Zone-Delta
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1241339
Nothing is more unpredictable than time. Nothing more dangerous than trying to control it.
This choice: Belfast, Northern Ireland - Prevent viral outbreak  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Drop Zone Delta

    by: ﻝames Joseph Emerald
Erin looked up and down the streets of Belfast. There was something sinister about this place. He turned and watched as his cadets fizzled into existence, addressing them when they had all arrived.

"Howaya lads, and welcome to Delta Squad. I'm Erin Murphy, and I'll be leadin' yas on this mission yoke, right? We've got a tough one - we're lookin' ta stop a virus from bein' released. Means we've gotta move quick - there's a time limit holdin' our bollocks like a vice-grip." He grinned. "Pardon me, ladies..."

Erin straightened up, running a hand through his hair.

"Guess I might as well run through yer equipment. First up is what we call tha 'Keeper-Beeper'." He tapped the metal wristband on his arm, smiling to himself. "It's pretty much yer best friend 'round here. It allows ya ta communicate with the odher members of yer squad - as well as Delta Controller, back at tha Head Quarts - and receive update yokes, y'know, if they pop up. It also's got a map of the area built-in, complete with flashing thingies showing your buddies' positions. Handy stuff, tha."

"Next..." Erin said gleefully, pulling a gun out of his holster. "Is a Phase pistol. Sweet piece a work this: whatever you hit is sent to 'Keepa HQ to be evaluated, and either chucked out, or put back in. In other words, zap the virus, when ya find it."

"Lastly..." he holstered his phase pistol and patted his silvery, skin-tight suit. "Is our uniforms. They're called Chameleon Suits, and they're the fucking deadliest thing I've ever seen - we see 'em as they are - silvery and form-fittin' - but while workin' they actually project a holographical image-deally of regular clothes worn in this particular time and place. Dey allow us ta blend in. You can also hit tha little blue button on yer wristband, and ye'll turn invisible. But it drains the battery fast, so try not ta use it all that much..."

Erin glanced around. "Any questions? Don't be afraid ta speak up. I won't bitecha. Unless it's a really stupid question..."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Stay and ask a question.

*Noteb*
2. Move out.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ﻝames Joseph Emerald (UN: emeraldfool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ﻝames Joseph Emerald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1241339-The-Time-Keepers/cid/394697-Drop-Zone-Delta