*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. a harpie
  2. Is it a...?
  3. The Curse
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399758-The-Outcast/cid/514299-a-harpie
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1399758
A child becomes an outcast, because the child is half human
This choice: a harpie  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

a harpie

    by: Unknown
A harpie, a bloody harpie! How could it have come to this?

He had thought about killing it right then and there, but something stalled his hand. He could not force himself to kill something of his own blood. Could it be a spell placed on the infant by that she-demon? Bahhh, what did it matter? He had no time to worry about such things.

He had to think quickly. He could not risk being seen with the little monstrosity.

The orphanage.

They would take in anything left on their doorsteps unless it proved to be hell bound... in which case they would do the dirty deed for him.

He could only hope.

He ran as fast as his legs would carry him and left the small bundle on the doorstep. He grabbed the knocker and clanged it against the heavy oak door then took off, praying no one would see him.

A minute passed, then two.

The babe cried out, hungry and cold.

There was a soft clicking sound on the other side and the door opened wide. A tall woman stood in the doorway. Light spilled out into the dark night, illuminating the small bundle on the door step.

"Oh my."

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1399758-The-Outcast/cid/514299-a-harpie