*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Deerataur's Sorrow
  2. The Centaurs
  3. Felaryan Creatures
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/1219529-Deerataurs-Sorrow
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: a deerataur  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Deerataur's Sorrow

    by: JStory
“We have captured, a very rare creature, known as the Deeratuar,” Lord William began. Felix knew that once you ask the Lord William something he won’t shut up about it until he gives you every fact he knows about the creature. “All that we know so far about this Felaryan creature is that it’s use of magic to control the weather. We caught it this afternoon, and knowing how many men it ate, it is well feed for now. But you are to feed this being, and be sure it is well taken care of. That means, you have to make sure it eats before you leave, or else.” Felix was about to speak up, but the he remembered the last time he did and his punishment, so he kept his mouth shut. “Now continue with your chores, a guard shall get you at dinner time.”

“Yes master,” Felix said then walked away.


The young Deeratuar sat in a dark cell alone. Chains wrapped around its wrists, neck, torso, and its ankles. The Deeratuar sat there in darkness after being captured. “How’d this happen?” the Deeratuar thought. “One moment I’m with mommy and others sitting in the sun, next I wake up in a smaller forest alone. And then some humans shot me with strange arrows that made me sleepy. Now I’m all alone and … and I want my mommy!” the Deeratuar cried. Then some humans came in, some with swords, others with wipes, and one of them said, “Time to show you how’s boss.”


“Hey slave time to feed the beast,” one of the guards said. Felix looked to his right, and saw a cart that had some food and water for the beast. Felix grabbed the cat’s handles and started to push it into the cell. “Remember ya’ ain’t come out until that things feed.”

Felix keeps walking further and further until he found the creature sitting in the corner of the room. About ten feet tall from head to …second chest, Felix guessed. The creature seemed to be trying to hide, if it wasn’t for the fact that its body’s shape wouldn’t let it do much more then to curl around a little. The pattern on its deer half was something Felix has never seen, a pure light brown coat with some white dots, here and there. As Felix approached the creature’s, limit he pushed the cart in. Looking over at the creature, it hadn’t taken notice to the food, yet. “Uh oh, I can’t leave until, I know it’s feed, maybe, I can yell to it,” Felix thought.

“Hey, you!” Felix yelled at the creature. It gave no response. So Felix yelled louder, “Time to eat!!” still no good. “Damn it, it might not be hungry?” Felix walked to the door and knocked.

The guard, didn’t open the door, but yelled to Felix, “What do ya’ want slave.”

“The beast isn’t hungry ma…”

“No can do, ya’ have to leave, once the beast eats. If I open this door, and the food isn’t gone, ya’ll be gone.” Felix just backed away from the door, not wanting to be anywhere near the door, if the guard entered. Turning to the beast Felix started to think of a new way to get its attention. “I could try to keep yelling, but if I do, then I could be here and miss some of my chores. One way or another I’m in trouble.” Felix then approached the beast, hoping it was friendly.


The Deeratuar just laid there in the corner, after its training. Once the humans started to whip the Deeratuar it turned around and try to cover itself. “I… wa…want..to..go….HOME!” the Deeratuar thought trying to hide from all the humans. Once the “trainers” thought the Deeratuar had enough, they left. All the Deeratuar thought was how bad it missed home. Then in the middle of its thoughts, it felt something on its deer back. Looking over, it was another human. “Get away!” the Deeratuar cried, flipping the human with its hand. That when the Deeratuar looked around and saw some food, just in its reach. Going over it started to eat it. “Finally, something to eat,” it thought. Then, once it was done and full, something out of the corner of the it’s eye started to move. It was the human!


While the Deeratuar ate Felix watched it and saw that it was a young …

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Boy

2. Girl

*Noteb*
3. Other story

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 JStory (UN: jstory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/1219529-Deerataurs-Sorrow