*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Centaurs
  2. Felaryan Creatures
  3. New Arrival
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695166-The-Centaurs
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: One of the centaurs  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Centaurs

    by: Bruce Lee Gifford Jr.
Centaurs- Centaurs are half human and half horse people, but that is common knowledge. Felaryan centaurs are gigantic creatures however and range from an average of 90-130 feet tall, thanks to the long horse legs. Centaurs are fearsome creatures that eat a lot and eat almost anything. When it decides something is prey, the prey could never outrun it. Centaurs are just to fast for anything to outrun.

When hunting, centaurs either catch prey with their hands, or simply lean forward, mouth wide open to gobble up victims on the ground, tongue licking the ground behind them, pretty much like how horses might graze in a field. Unlike most other hybrid creatures in Felarya, centaurs have their stomachs situated in their animal part. This means it's huge! It would take dozens of humans to fill it, although centaurs will eat just about any creature small enough to be swallowed. When digesting a meal, a centaur will fall asleep, usually for a whole day.

The centaur in the cell is 40 feet tall and only a toddler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Deerataur- These are the rarest species of centaur to come across, but they are humans on deer bodies with greenish skin and leafy antlers. These creatures are very close to nature and plants, but they have no power over them. Deerataurs have whether based magic though and could make rainfall.

Deerataurs are slightly less voracious than centaurs, as they have a sort of photosynthesis which reduces their need to feed in the normal sense of the word. However, just because they need to eat less doesn't make them any safer to be around! Deerataurs are definitely hostile to humans and will gulp one down whenever given the chance. Their special stomach can drain magic, and their digestion is magically enhanced, making the process a lot faster and less disabling for them than it is for normal centaurs. Some believe the reason they hate humans so much is because humans cut down trees and cause other actions that destroy forests.

The deerataur in the cell is about six years old and about 40 feet tall. It will grow to be 90 feet eventually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Zebra Centaurs- A zebra centaur's average height is about 80-100 feet tall. (This would make the six year old zebra centaur in the cell nearly 40 feet tall.) Zebra centaur are more civilized and refined. They easily see humans as people and don't normal eat them. This makes it easier to befriend a zebra centaur.

However, zebra centaurs have a double life. During the day they are pleasant creatures, rather friendly to humans and they sometimes escort caravans for a while just for the sake of chatting and exchanging news. However, when the sun sets their eyes begin to glow red and a aura of fear surrounds them. The nonchalant centaur then turns into a fearsome and hungry predator.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. a centaur

2. a deerataur

*Noteb*
3. a zebra centaur

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. (UN: bruce607 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695166-The-Centaurs