*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/827080-Not-a-Sick-Joke
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: staring at Felix in confusion  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Not a Sick Joke

    by: Unknown
Felix looked at the large cage before him. It was made of some very strong and powerful wood, but had small holes so whatever was in their could breathe. It was also very big, huge even, almost as tall and wide as the hall he was in, and the dungeon halls were very wide and tall.

He looked through the holes, it was very dark and hard to see. He saw what he thought was the amarok, but it was too big, to oddly shaped, to be a mere infant which is what Lord William claimed. It must be a fixture to the wall or something, but Felix couldn't find the amarok cub.

Felix wondered if he should go into the cage and check if the monster was even in their. But if the creature really was in the cage, and wasn't chained, it could attack Felix and kill him. "Maybe this is some sick joke," Felix thought to himself hopefully, " Maybe right now my horrible master is laughing that the gullibility of his slave." Embarrassing, but at least he wouldn't have to tend to a monster.

Felix approached the cage door. The door was latched to the cage in a way that it could be unlatched and it was simply fall to the ground. If he unlatched the door, there would be no way for him along to lift it up and latch it again. "It must have been designed like that so they could just push the cage in the cell through the giant doors, unlatch it and then quickly escape before the amarok could get out of the cage," Felix thought. It seemed too well planed for it to be a joke and though Lord William loved to torment his slaves, he had never seen Lord William play a joke on them.

Felix saw that the large door had a square hole with bars running down through the hole. Felix had to get on his tip toes to peek through the hole. Felix grabbed the bars to keep him up as he looked through the hole. Everything was black inside and he couldn't see anything. He saw no movement and nothing that seemed like the outline of a creature. "Hey, anything in there?" Felix shouted out, but there was no reply and no movement. It truly looked like all of this was some sick joke.

Felix knew their was only one way to know for sure. Fighting his fear, he walked up to the latch, and unlatched the latches. The heavy door began to fall due to the gravity and Felix caught it. The door was very heavy for the ten year old slave and he had troubles setting it down gently. It didn't work at well though because his hands slipped halfway and it dropped to the ground hard. Felix wouldn't be able to close it again. There was no turning back now.

As his eyes adjusted to the dim light in the cage, he looked everywhere, and just when his eyes were fully adjusted, his heart stopped cold. The huge shape he saw earlier was the amarok, and to his horror it was slowly getting to it's feet. The creature must have been sleeping and the large door hitting the ground woke it up. The massive, jet black furred (which was probably why Felix couldn't see it well) looked... strangely confused, like someone who was jumped, beat up, then stuffed in a huge dark a cage, which was probably what happened in the first place. Felix stayed completely still as the amarok scanned the cage still looking very confused.

Eventually, the eyes aimed toward the light coming from the hallway outside the cage and unfortunately, its eyes fell upon the poor ten year old slave that was Felix. Felix held his breath when the amarok started to walk forward. Felix tried to back away slowly as the humongous dog-like creature approached, but he fell backwards and fell on his butt. The Amarok had gained too much ground now, since it was so large, and Felix realized there was no point in running. Felix could now easily tell the amarok was a cub, but it was still at least twenty-five feet tall which did not comfort Felix as the creature looked him up and down, sniffing at him. Then.....

You have the following choices:

1. Licks him freindly...

*Noteb*
2. Growls fiercly.....

*Noteb*
3. The guards come down to get you....

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/827080-Not-a-Sick-Joke