*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1204485-Secret-Pen-Pal
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1810181
James Walker finds himself among the fabled Misterian race of angels after a heroic act.
This choice: Trevor goes to his bed and falls asleep  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Secret Pen Pal.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
After writing his thoughts down, Trevor decided to go to bed for the night. He was of no use to anyone the way he was feeling and he thought, maybe, someone might answer. "James always told me that anything is possible." he muttered to himself, falling asleep. "I just might find a reply waiting for me...."

That night, Trevor dreamed of flying, much like James and Nicole often said they did. It was a wonderful feeling and he was almost disappointed when he eventually woke up the next morning. "I wonder if anyone replied to my note?" he wondered.

Trevor got up and looked at his desk to find the note was missing. "What!?" he asked, surprised. "I left it right here!"

Then, mom's voice echoed from downstairs. "Trevor, you got mail!"

"Mail?" thought Trevor. "How long did I sleep?"

Looking at the clock, he moaned, finding it to be eleven in the morning. He had slept nearly half of Saturday away. He quickly got dressed and came down the stairs to where mom was waiting. "You didn't say you had a pel pal." she said, smiling. "Who is this Miss Misterian?"

Pat gave mom a confused look but he quickly hid it and replied, "A friend from summer camp last year."

Mom nodded then gave him the letter and walked away. Trevor took the letter back to his room and opened it. What he found inside made his heart skip a beat. The letter said...

Form: The world Above.

Be at peace, I am Myrrh, a Misterian.

Your concern is admirable and your fear is understandable.

Know this, as your brother, James loves you in turn.

We angels do see him and you will, in time.

Oh, James said the chocolate chip cookie was stale.

Best wishes, Myrrh.

P.S. Tell no one of this letter.

Trevor stared at the words for several minutes, in shock. "I never said it was a chocolate chip cookie." he whispered. "Why, if someone knew where James is, would tell me not to tell anyone else?"

He looked for a return address on the envelope but all it said was 'From world above'.

What does Trevor do?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Write a letter back.

*Noteb*
2. Faint.

*Noteb*
3. Tell mom.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Onlyonekey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1810181-Learning-to-Fly/cid/1204485-Secret-Pen-Pal