*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A...food delivery?
  2. The Observer
  3. The good Doctor.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1906246-Mass-Effect-Female-Weight-Gain-Redux/cid/2819873-Afood-delivery
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1906246
A reboot of my last Mass Effect weight gain interactive.
This choice: A...food delivery?  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

A...food delivery?

    by: kociaKrowa
A volus delivery man holding bouquet of red roses and a purple package.
"Delivery for ... bzz ... Liara T'Soni" proclaimed short alien, while holding out hands with gifts.

"Thank you Mister...?" replied bevilded asari, that certainly was not turn of events she was expecting. However could not allow herself to lose focus, she seen more ridiculous things than volus assassins. She took items and put them on small table near door and turn again to supposed assailant.

"Kon Narlan from EEzio..bzz...Ilum fastest and most reliable delivery service" said not unlike automat. Clearly he was used to replaying those words over and over again. At the same time he took holopad from his pouch.

"Please sign here to confirm receiving package" continued volus.

Liara forced herself to show her best professional smile and took holopad. SShe glanced on text apparently it was pre-paid delivery from anonymous sender. She filled all forms and gave device back to delivery man. "Is that all?"

"Yes...bzz..good night" replied volus and started walking away.

Asari keep watching until he disappeared behind the corner. She closed door and breathed out. The Observer must be getting to me if i react like that to a doorbell. She looked at gifts. Both roses and package seemed harmless, but in her situation she could not allow herself to become careless. She carefully took items and placed them on station capable of scanning and identifying dangerous substances and items. While machine was working she sat and ran quick search. Company was real enough, Liara herself used their services in the past and as she learned they indeed employed volus under name "Kon Narlan", ther details of delivery seemed to be correct as well, but there was no information about sender, even account which he used to pay for delivery was not listed.

That's suspicious, but then again not a lot of people likes to be linked to information brokers, even though they try to keep in your good graces She looked away from desktop and a scanner. While she was browsing machine finished scanning gifts.

"Let's see" Liara looked on device's screen. According to its reading roses were expensive, but besides that completely ordinary and available in most of better shops with flora.

Shepard liked roses She thought to herself with melancholy. She remembered how Commander had bought bouquet of those for her not too long after battle for Citadel. It was first time she saw those flowers and took liking to them as well. Elizabeth explained that roses were considered to be a symbol of love.

Asari smiled to herself briefly, but then scolded herself. Deal with possible danger first, ponder on past later.

According to machine, package didn't contain, explosives, traps or any substances that may be harmful to asari.

Better check it now and be sure than wait with it until morning decided Liara and began to cerrfuly unwrap package... only to reveal a box of chocolates and small slip of paper.A paper letter? Asari had not used paper for writing since millennia, nowadays only humans use it sometimes.

She took it and read:

"Dear Miss T'Soni

I apologize for secrecy, but due to your occupation questionable reputation I rather not be linked to your company.
At the same same time I simply must send those modest gifts to thank you for help with my problem and tell you that I hope that we meet again under more pleasant circumstances.

Yours sincerly
Adam Constantine


Adam Constantine... She remembered him. A middle age human male businessman that need help looking for few people that knew about his less than law abiding past. He was bit eccentric and left Earth not that long ago, what more he seemed to be enamored with her. Yes, expensive flowers and chocolates, it is something he would do.Unfortunately for you Mister Constantine, there is only one human for me

Now she inspected chocolates, they were vacuum sealed with no sign of tampering.. I recognise that brand. It's the same one Ashley got on her birthday from her sisters. t it is different type, more expensive one. Huh... Garrus got allergy after eating one of those on a dare, he didn't leave medbay for days. It was also day when crew crew learned that she had a large sweet tooth.Both Garuss and Wrex joked about it.

She looked at gifts once aggain.Goddes she sighed loudly, sat heavily on nearby chair and put her face in hands. It was too much, knowledge that her lovers body was in Cerbeus hands, the looming threat of Reapers, her failure to help Feron and most imprtantly imminet threat that haunted her dreams, The Obserwer. If she don,t catch him he or she will dispse of her sooner or later.

"No" she said and took a deep breath."You fought against enemies more dangerous than The Collector and won. At the very least you must stay alive to help Shepard fight against Reapers" she reassued heself.


She glanced on box once again. She did lovo chocolate.

You have the following choices:

1. It cannot hurt

*Noteb*
2. It is no time for sweets

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 kociaKrowa (UN: xxwwhitexx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Akathatguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1906246-Mass-Effect-Female-Weight-Gain-Redux/cid/2819873-Afood-delivery