*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1945483-The-Superpower-Chronicles-MF/cid/B3VS92JQV-That-same-days-evening
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1945483
You can be either a boy or a girl who finds out you're an alien being with super powers!
This choice: That same day's evening  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

That same day's evening

    by: Lot
Saturday had been a terribly boring day, all things considered. It had already started out badly: Jo had woken up two and half hours after that odd dream - a dream she was not 100% certain had truly been nothing more than that - and after a hasty breakfast had went straight to working on her homework. It took her a while, as it was mostly maths as well as a lot of reading (at least considering her age). There had not been a whole lot more to the day and she would have almost forgotten about the dream, had there not been-

"Beep!"
And again, "Beep!"
And again and again, over and over again - an alarm tone. But from where?

Jo looked around her room, utterly confused, at first thinking it was her alarm, but that one was peacefully standing on her bedside table like always, not making any noise. "Where is that coming from?" she asked aloud, looking around her room, completely dumbfounded.
Then it hit her - it was the neighbor's alarm. Or so she suspected, somehow being able to locate the origin of the noise.

"Am I dreaming again?" she asked herself, her voice a mixture of annoyance, confusion, fear - but also curiosity. She gave her arm a pinch... which resulted in little more than her going "ow!" and no dream to be woken up from. Getting up from her chair and walking over to her window she glared at the neighbor's house she somehow knew the noise was emanating from. Just then it stopped - a light clacking sound indicated that someone had pressed the sleep button on the alarm.
"Maybe I can see through again..." she thought as she concentrated on the wall shielding her vision. And indeed, there was the neighbor, fiddling around with the alarm.

The girl slowly moved her head, her view shifting from the neighbor to an adjacent room. Last time she had abruptly moved her head, she thought, her vision had... collapsed? She was at a loss for words how to describe what had happened - not to mention the why of things - but had a rough idea. Carefully she looked into the other room in her neighbor's house, her vision somehow able to pierce the walls.
"Wow" she mumbled, looking away, blinking, and then focused on a different house. Again she found herself able to look right through the walls, getting a good view on a man slouching on a couch.
Another house, she saw a pair talking to one another. Remembering her earlier abilities, she attempt to focus her hearing. At first this only produced a lot of white noise in her head, as if she was hearing everything at once, but after a couple of moments she had managed to guide her hearing in the right direction.

Something about insurance and a car- "Oh no!" she thought, were these the people she had seen in her dream - well, actually, seen in reality that morning? Peeking into the garage she spotted the very same car whose radio she had destroyed earlier that day. Staring at said scene of destruction the girl tried to remember what exactly she had done.
A minute or so passed while Jo concentrated on the vehicle's interior. Yes, that's what she had attempted earlier, she was now starting to understand. It was as if she could feel the 'lines' of the car - each and every curve and surface and all the little buttons and screens and dials. She could almost... touch them, in a way. Perhaps she could fix the radio that way? The 8-year-old strained, concentrating on the road vessel, trying to 'reach out' with one hand - but nothing happened.

A little disappointed she turned away, glancing at someone entering a car in the distance. Meanwhile, and unbeknownst to her, right as her concentration had slumped as she had looked away, something powerful - like a sudden magnet around the car - had crumpled the vehicle inside the garage, denting in it's roof and sides, breaking the doors and shattering all the windows, basically totaling it.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. She tries to use her telekinesis more

2. She discovers a new power

*Noteb*
3. Her Dad comes in

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lot (UN: coolwriterk97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1945483-The-Superpower-Chronicles-MF/cid/B3VS92JQV-That-same-days-evening