*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Ufu
  2. First Contact
  3. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2040471-The-Aliens-Feather/cid/1972933-Ufu
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #2040471
Tickling in space!
This choice: Ufu  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Ufu

    by: Carnivore
"Tell me more about the Ufu." you tell Erin. The first silhouette promptly expands to take up the entire screen on your command.

I can give you a picture of one of them." Erin brings up an image of an Ufu on your main viewer. It's a female approximately five feet tall, with crimson eyes and snow white skin along with a covering of what appear to be white feathers. Long white feathers cover her head in an approximation of shoulder length human hair. Shorter, medium length feathers appear to cover the arms, legs, and back of the creature. Very short feathers of a soft, downy appearance cover her front, starting at her neck and continuing down her breasts, flat toned stomach, and inner thighs. You notice that you can make out a narrow indentation in the feathers for her navel, and observe that were she human, she'd be in good shape and rather attractive. Black clothing that looks like underwear or a bikini cover her. You can't tell if this is normal clothing for her race, or if this is merely for the purposes of presenting a more complete physical image.

"This is an Ufi. One Ufi, multiple Ufu, got it? The Ufu are considered to be a very friendly and affectionate race," Erin tells you, "making them ideal for human contact. Their culture is based on the mutual giving of gifts and services. I should note that the Ufu consider it quite rude to refuse their generosity. Otherwise they are very amicable. The Ufu have heavily colonized a number of worlds, and are a major race in the region. Because of their disposition, location, and political influence, the Erimosi recommend you contact this race first."

You nod as you continue to look at the image. Despite the obviously alien features, the woman shown is quite beautiful. Friendly, affectionate, beautiful, and close by? That does sound like a perfect recipe for a friendship with Earth. And if they all look like her, you wouldn't mind getting to know them personally. "That's good enough for me." You say to your computer. "What are the recommendations for first contact?"

"Excellent choice, captain! There are three equally valid procedures for you!" Erin responds happily. You can't tell if the way she responds is her 'natural' enthusiasm, or if there's a hint of humoring you in her voice. Either way, she continues. "First, there's always the straightforward approach. We can warp to the Ufu home system, and hail them on universal frequencies. In all likelihood, they'll direct you a landing zone, where you can introduce yourself! I'm sure they'll be very interested in learning about a new sentient race."

"That approach does make sense." you agree. "Their homeworld is probably where their ambassadors are."

"Not to mention their xenobiologists." Erin says. "They will probably want to make a physical examination of you at some point." Getting a physical from an alien gives you a bit of pause, but you do see the point. It's probably important for any alien to learn what you can eat, what harms humans, and of course general scientific curiosity. While it might be an annoyance, it is your duty when you took this job.

"Another option would be to contact a remote outpost." Erin chirps. "By contacting a small group of scientists, you will have the advantage of interacting with a group interested in learning about alien things, but also the intimacy of a small number of them. After you've sufficiently introduced yourself, those scientists can act as a liaison between you and the rest of the Ufu. We already have the location of an Ufu outpost that would be suitable.

"And the final option would be to make contact in interstellar space. Neutral ground is a bit less intrusive, and puts both parties on equal footing. It also allows them to willingly come to you! We can sit and direct a contact request directly at Ufu space until they arrive. Since the Ufu are friendly, they'll probably show up in a matter of minutes!" Erin tells you, running down the three options.

You have to agree, all those approaches make sense in their own way. Going to their homeworld is logical, but you'd be outnumbered by over a billion to one. That could be a little overwhelming. Visiting the outpost would be more manageable, but if the scientists don't want to be distracted from whatever work they're doing, you might not be welcome. Finally, making a space contact solves both those problems, but there's the risk the Ufu might not want to come. It also means you'd be cooped up inside starships for even longer. Mulling your options, you decide the best course of action would be to:

You have the following choices:

1. Visit the Ufu Homeworld

*Noteb*
2. Travel to an Ufu scientific outpost

3. Make contact in neutral space

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Carnivore (UN: carnivore318 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Carnivore has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2040471-The-Aliens-Feather/cid/1972933-Ufu