*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Night Looms Over the Line
  2. Horror Attraction
  3. Settings
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/3337311-Night-Looms-Over-the-Line
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Follow along some customers as they go through the Scarefest.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Night Looms Over the Line

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
An autumnal chill punctuated the long afternoon shadows as the day dimmed out on the edge of Crispin County. Further atmosphere for the recent horror attraction startup. Framed by leaf shedding trees, a series of tents adorned the corners of a low rise building. The ramshackle construction was complete with the painted plywood cutout of a ghostly looking, gerbil astronaut with a cracked helmet on a sign identifying the attraction as Gerbert’s Scarefest.

The facade promised frights based on the horrifying rumors surrounding the space themed kids pizzeria. Posters had chilling block-cuts that promised “They Came…From Darkest Space”; “Intergalactic Screams”; “Try The Food…if You Dare!”

To that end, the smell of burning hotdogs, cinnamon churros and spiced cider wafted through the air along with the other seasonal scents. Something moldy, something ashy, and something frosty.

Most of the people congregated on the westward side of the building, which was actually the exit as lined with vittles, drinks and merchandise. A dusty oblong of dead end road served as the parking lot. A line of customers extended around the barricades to the front showpiece at the entry to the Scarefest with the titular mockup of a ghoulish Gerbert.

Quite oddly, there was a far amount of overweight people among the small crowd forming before the attraction opened. Such as:
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/3337311-Night-Looms-Over-the-Line