*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Clicks In Ruins Are Never Good
  2. Adventure Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2129618-Unlucky-Thief/cid/2361548-Clicks-In-Ruins-Are-Never-Good
by ulti
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2129618
A thief girl cant seem to catch a break as she tries to find the one who wronged her.
This choice: Clicks In Ruins Are Never Good  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Clicks In Ruins Are Never Good

    by: ulti
*Click* Jet’s face turned pale hearing that noise, she knew from experience that was the noise a pressure switch made when stepped on by an unaware adventurer. The chamber was suddenly filled with an ominous rumbling before a large stone boulder slammed between jet and Clara. The platform that held the altar began to rise on Clara’s side sending the boulder rolling off towards Jet. “Looks like I get to keep it after all thief girl” Clara laughed as Jet began to frantically sprint away from the accelerating mass of dense rock.

Holly how was busy studying the ruins turned her attention to the others as the room shook and was able to see the pure peril that was about to befall her best friend Jet. Thinking fast she deduced that she would not be unable to stop that boulders movement nor would she be able to get Jet free from its path. So she cast the only spell she could think of to help her friend. “Rubberfy” She screamed, casting directly onto her friend.

Jet was panicked she could feel the boulder gaining and her life began to flash before her eyes, it was then she spotted Holly in the corner casting a spell and felt a tingle flow through her body. Then she felt it, the boulder slammed into her back and then continued its momentum and rolled completely over the poor thief girl. Much to her dismay though she wasn’t dead, instead she was lifted up off the ground by the rolling stone and flattened once more as it ploughed through the corridor they had entered in.
After many different rooms spun by and she was painfully crushed over a disproportionate amount of stalagmites that seemed intent on puncturing every section of her flattened form. She realised what had happened, Holly must have cast rubberfy to give her squishable properties and save her from a messy end. This was a mixed blessing however as the boulder had made its way through the entire ruins and was now teetering on the edge of a mountain they had climbed to gain access.

Jet was squashed spread eagle and facing forwards and was able to survey the land from her precarious perch. Down below her was the village she had got the quest from in the first place as well as a forest a rocky outcrop of smaller cliffs. Jet sighed glad she was spared the rough ride down on the boulder and praying Holly would be by soon to peel her free.

A passing bird however was much too exhausted from its flight over the mountain and decided to perch itself on the rock. This simply action was all it took for the boulder to lean forward slightly and once again begin it’s terrifying decent. Jet screamed as loud as her crushed lungs would allow as she was bulldozed into the jagged rocky earth below.

The boulders decent was not as smooth as in the ruins. The rocky cliffs acting as ramps and flinging the rock high into the air before slamming down and rolling to the next one. Every now and then Jet would be unfortunate enough to be on the bottom as the boulder crashed heavily into the earth, her crushed form spread out even thinner from the immense weight.

Then came the forest, Jet would be slammed straight through the first few trees as splinters flew everywhere and dug into her already sore body. Soon the boulder slowed however and instead Jet and the boulder became like a pinball, bouncing roughly between each of the many tree trunks.

By the time they had reached the outskirts of the village the boulder had slowed to a snail’s pace. One final rotation and Jet could see the sky, then the village with many of the villagers popping their heads out to see the commotion. The boulder didn’t fully stop however as Jet could see the ground approaching one more. This ground however was coated with a thick batch razor bark thorns, known around the world for their incredibly sharp thorns. “NONONONNONONO” was all she could whimper, tears littering her eyes as she was painfully pressed into the bush and the boulder came to a complete stop.

Hours later the boulder was rolled over once more. Jet horrified that she would be sent on another hellish ride, much to her joy though she was met with Holly’s worried face. “Oh thank God you’re alive” Holly bawled. “I thought I had lost you and then I had to try and round up some people to help me and just the thought of you trapped there” Holly rambled like this for a good twenty minutes as she cast every healing spell under the sun to get Jet back to her old self.

Once finally free however Jet had only one thing on her mind. “Where is Clara?”

Option Descriptions:

North: The realm of monster girls and a very dangerous place with few and far between settlements. The terrain is very rugged with many caves, lakes and forests untouched by man.

East: The mountainous region and realm of the giantess, small people are heavily scrutinised at borders to the country and not many are allowed entry. Those that are must stick to the high walkways built for them as small people travelling on the ground will be crushed unaware by the giant women going about their day.

South: The alchemists of the swamplands live here and are constantly concocting various potions and machines in the aim of changing the world. Some of these potions can have very unpleasant side effects and the machines can be quite dangerous.

West: Mages of the desert live here and are famed for their magic. There have been a few disappearances of late but the constant trade of rare items and fancy furniture’s keep tourism booming in this hot place.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ulti (UN: ul-ti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ulti has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2129618-Unlucky-Thief/cid/2361548-Clicks-In-Ruins-Are-Never-Good