Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
"Blog City Prompt Forum"
"May Merit Badge Mania!"
"Click for (an incomplete) Table of Contents"
"BOOK IDEA - The Believers"
"1st Weekend Driving LYFT"
"Roald Dahl's bday!"
"Just a thought. and reminisce London Terror Attacks"
"Chapter ?: Waking Up"
"Whichever Way the Wind Blows blog"
"A Storm Approaches blog"
"The last time I... free write."
"Allegiant: Spoiler Alert"
"2 -Sunday Movie News Review and The Quills!"
"31-Day Winter Blogging Challenge starts Jan. 1!"
"20: Generation Z Haiku"
"God's Not Done With Me Yet: Fact not Excuse"
"17: Button Buys"
"Day 6: To V or not to V"
"30 Day Blog Contest Catch Up!: Days 1-10"
"TCB: C? - Waking Up"
"TCB to L.I.F.E"
"Riches or Glory?"
"Adventures in Officeland!!!"
"Away We Go"
*WIP = Work In Progress, as in "I'm not done writing this piece yet."
Current: Kinks: Up Do Inspiration
Last used: Florin-Chris @deviantart
Monkey (my cat) next to Redd's bottle, pc in background
Shadow falling off cliff
Search for "Another Earth".
or more specifically:
First pic used
It's time to talk.
|The lights blind me with their intensity. "Um, excuse me, can you turn the lights down? Or at least give me some sunglasses. This can't be good for my eyes." No sound emits from the speaker I know is on the left-hand wall behind me. I glance over at the one way mirror where I know my proctors hide.
"We will begin the treatment now. Please relax," is my only reply.
"You don't need all these stuffed animals, you're too big now." My heart pounds as this vision of my mother snatches my favorite Pooh plush from my clutching fingers.
"Stop it!" I gasp, fighting my way back to consciousness. "I'm over that! I got over that last week, what's the point of this 'treatment'?" Silence.
"Please don't fight the system. Relax."
The scene changes. My mother holds Pooh, but I'm bigger, taller. No mirrors in sight but I instinctively know I'm the me of today, not 13 years old and weeping over stolen innocence. "I'm NOT too big. Just because it isn't what you would choose at my age doesn't make it wrong. Anyway, we both know it's my weight you're really upset about. Even if that's not the case, I'll carry this with me for years and it'll be all your fault when They take me."
"They?" That voice, it jolts me
"No! You have me, I WON'T show you my brother. HANDS. OFF!"
The speaker crackles. "That’s not the way we do things here." I move to get up and show them how little I care, forgetting my arms and legs are bound for 'my protection'. About to shout instead I hear sounds of fighting over the intercom. A body hits the glass. Silence. Gavin bursts into the room. My heart leaps.
"Things are about to change."
Prompt: Write a story that includes the line: “That’s not the way we do things here.”
"Winner for 4/19 and prompt for 4/20"
light house poetry
|Prompt: “You have to use the strength to get to the weakness.” I heard this on the tennis channel. What do you make of it?
YAY for the collectable 17th BDay trinket! Very pretty
I love this quote. You have to be strong in order to confront and fight your weaknesses.
|the day I died was just like any other
"why'd i die?"
left or right, not up or down
front or back, if I turned
darkness to my sides, i decided not to investigate
ahead of me a fuzzy world, i could go back, haunt my enemies and spy on my friends and family, get the answers to all life's little secrets that I would have figuratively killed for back in the day...the days i was alive, was that today?l yesterday?
behind me, a brilliant light that doesn't hurt my eyes but is by far brighter than the sun, though I don't know how I know this or why it doesn't burn but soothes
the decision is a no brainer. i look back at my grainy world, send a prayer out to my family and walk into the light.....
meet a jaded ALS representative who hands me a contract to sign
basically i'm in purgatory though my 'friendly' greeter Todd says it's lame to call it that
i stick around and talk to a few ppl before deciding to sign
When you die you either become a creator, a helper, or a dweller.
Creators are the top believers - while living they both imagined and believed in the impossible/improbable/'out there'
Helpers are "sub-believers" - they died mostly grounded in reality but were willing to let their imaginations run wild from time to time when they weren't busy working/making money/raising families/etc.
Dwellers are basically "non-believers" they have varying grades of 'belief' [mild, hot, and spicy; to name a basic few]. They can be reborn onto any 'dead star'/planet
The shuffler/dealer (S/D or "Sid") are a 'celestial pair'/galaxy overseers. The shuffler assigns creators to their galaxies and distributes helpers/dwellers (h/ds or "Hid", ironic, since a 'hid dump' can be difficult to locate on a crowded planet) as needed/awarded/earned. The dealer/bank teller gives/hands over h/ds when creators asks/has space for them.
"Hid dump" = Sometimes the S/D gets overcrowded and they have to deal out h/ds before the creator is ready for them. This can cause great and bad things, depending on the creators state of mind when the h/ds are released.
Sid controls the 'credits': Creators gain 'creator credits' (CDs) whenever their planet produces a suitable creator. This only happens AFTER the creator dies off their planet. This leads to sadistic creators that enjoy having their "lesser dwellers" murder innocent children (the most prolific and basic creators). This yields TONs of CDs but it also crowds the galaxy (neighborhood/subdivision) and can lead to a galactic meltdown when the baby/child creators overthrow the sadistic creator.
Salara - protagonist, main character, dies at 33 years old (like Jesus) from brain aneurysm. Decides to take a "Gap year" to spend time as a 'demi god'/"visiting celestial" on her home planet, Earth. She wants to help ease/guide her family through her passing. She ends up accidentally controlling/possessing some of them, most often her own brother and step-sister (closest living relative, emotionally and mentally), fairly often her mom and aunt poppy (closest relatives spiritually), sometimes her biodad and older half-brother (2nd closest emotionally/mentally), never her half-brother/sister
"You know, it's the crazy ones that have the most fun and tend to be the most enlightened" he said, peering at her from his upside down vantage point, hanging from the sturdy tree limb
"True," she digressed, "however, general genius lacks one fundamental characteristic that I find attractive in a mate."
"O, and what might that be?" he asked 'superciliously', feigning for all the world as if he was truly curious and not simply amusing her for his game. For the first time she stopped her movements and stared at him.
|Prompt: “Burnout isn't being overworked or not getting enough rest. Burnout is job-induced depression.”
Eric Barker, Barking up the Wrong Tree
What does job-burnout mean to you? How can a person deal with it?
I love this quote.
I agree with it, I get burned out with a job fairly easily if it's a desk job and boring. I deal with it by keeping up with outside hobbies and staying as busy as possible. Also, helps when I can listen to my phone during work, makes monotonous tasks a little less painful.
1. Chianti - Black lady from Riverdale, cute short blond hair. Quick ride from apartment, only a little hard to find. Apartment pick ups can be the worse. Down the street to old Chuck-e-cheese outlet. Took her to DDs outlet.
. Amy around corner from airport. Did not see her (no pic) and call went straight to voicemail every time. Circled the block but ended up canceling the ride which hurt my acceptance rating a bit.
2. Chuck older guy whose car is in the shop. Quiet voice, back seat driver, awesome handlebar moustache. Smelled of stale smoke and his house but he was nice. Kept giving me errant details about different areas. Cool ride. Took him from one bar to another restaurant in Midtown
3. Brady and John - Couple of bros, not sloppy drunk but definitely feeling it. Brady was very talkative. Apparently he was about to get a girls number even after he insulted her, but John came up, pointed it out the girl wisely changed her mind
John was pretty quiet in the backseat. He was out celebrating his new marriage and baby girl.
4. Mary - Took her and a young girl literally around the block. She was in serious pain from an awesome workout the day before. I know the feeling.
5. James - Sweet guy, think he was gay, we gushed about our mutual love for Pink and Lady Gaga and even had a sing along to Backstreet Boys Back Here
I learned to believe in LYFTs GPS when trying to locate a client. Google maps will stop short of the actual address and of course sometimes the address isn't even visible, but LYFT has amazing pinpoint accuracy of where the person's standing.
I did not sleep at all Friday night so I was up at 7 to get breakfast at Marietta Diner. Western omelette with sausage and tomatoes (extra tomatoes on the side were huge and beautiful but tasted awful) and LOTS of coffee!
1. Miguel and Jack - Picked up these 9th graders from a friends house. Miguel paid for Jacks ride first (little butt didn't say bye when I addressed him, he definitely had an attitude the whole ride, wonder what that was about). Waited for Miguel to start a second ride and we were off. Had very enjoyable conversation. He goes to the Caribbean every summer to sail. His granddad is a lobbyist that owns a horse farm. His dad is a lobbyist that's working on finally bringing a casino to Atlanta! He has two labs, chocolate and golden and his best subject is math. His teacher is annoyed at him because he just puts his name on quizzes since she replaces their quiz grades with their test grade, which he always Aces.
Doesn't know what he wants to do but knows he doesn't want to be a lobbyist. His mom works for Tesla! She was the top Sales Associate one year.
2. Ernesto and pals - 3 Mexicans from a BP, took them up a busy street to IHOP. Quick ride but stuck in my best learned line "Necisito practicar mi espanol MUCHO mas!"
3. Maria - slightly older lady going to work at Macy's. She was late so was going to just sneak in. Fun ride.
Went back to hotel, took a quick shower and got back on the road.
4. Laura (young professional, took to Brunch festival at Atlantic station)
I went to target and sat in a special needs cart while my phone charged a bit. Started trying to make it to Barnes and Noble
5. and 7. Destinee (twice, my first rideshare with Lee; took to work at Atlantic station)
6. Lee (Chinese boy with his GA Tech Biology teaching mom, caught in awful traffic due to St. Patrick parade)
Stayed at AS (first 2 hours parking are free!). Walked around, Hello Kitty food truck was out, Paddys day concert and Brunch fest was going on. Brunch fest was sold out so I went to Pig and the Pearl. Bartender was hustling entire time. Got crab cake appetizer, DELICIOUS! Got some eucalyptus shower gel and body cream.
10. Evan - Picked up at nice hotel/apt building to AMC near Cobb Center Galleria. Young black guy going to see Get Out, I raved about it of course. We gabbed about lack of imagination in black cinema. He's looking to invest in Uber and/or Lyft, like 10k type of investment! Suggested mint.com for free help with budget and Ameritrade for stocks.
Eventually made it to bookstore. Read through most of The Animators, really good. Phone charged to 88%!
11. Brandy and boyfriend (golden retriever puppy, free smart water when stopped at gas station for bf)
12. Brianna and bf (visiting from Jersey, picked up from same hotel Tony and I stayed at!, took to cousins house)
|I love to read and watch/go to the movies. I love to travel and I love being with someone who doesn't have to fill every silence; whether over the phone or just sitting in a room enjoying each others company.
I want someone who will encourage me to be BETTER. I need someone who wants to do better for themselves. You don't have to be perfect or have great credit, but you have to be able to admit to your flaws and strive to get a strong grip on your finances.
I can't put into words what makes me unique...or rather there aren't enough words currently available to accurately describe myself.
I literally love all music just as I literally love all people.
I'm naturally a homebody/hermit but I love being coaxed out of my shell and indulging in all life has to offer.
I don't mind playing it safe but I yearn to be thrust out of my comfort zone when the time is right and or it calls for it.
I am indeed a BBW but I don't want to be. My weight and my finances are probably the largest hindrances to full time happiness in my world, but I love smiling anyway. It's not always easy to make me laugh but when I do it comes from my belly.
At 30, I'm at a place in my life where I want something real. I don't want to waste time texting/e-mailing. Work keeps me busy and drained during the week and I hoard most weekends like precious gemstones but I'll make the time for someone who takes my desire for a relationship seriously.
The POF Relationship Chemistry Test (POFCT) ▼