*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027444-Rendered-Childless
by Candy
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1027444
"May God bless, strengthen, and encourage you in your time of need."
The news was devastating.

My friend had lost her only child, her daughter. When I arrived at the funeral services, I saw familiar faces, sad, with looks of dismay smeared across them.

I signed our names, my husbands and mine. As we entered the room where the funeral was to take place, a sad feeling washed over me.

While standing over this peacefuly still young woman laying in a beautiful casket, I noticed her greiving mother, who is also my friend. She looked so sad and tired, but somehow holding up amazingly well.

I gave her a warm hug, full of emotion, hoping to somehow generate, love, encouragement, and strength to her.

To gaze upon this young woman looking so peaceful and finally at peace with everything, brought a subtle smile to my face.

As I walked to my seat, and waited for the services to begin, I couldn't help but think about my own children. I felt very grateful to God that they're alive and well.

I tried hard to imagine what my friend was feeling, but in my heart I knew that was virtually impossible.

While taking in so many encouraging and nice words about my friends daughter, I began to reflect on my own breif encounters with her.

Her warm smile, is one not easily forgotten. Her contagious laugh always brought forth a giggle from me. She was always very mannerable, and respectful. My friend deserves the credit for raising such a child.

When the services were over, and my friend was walking away, my heart went out to her for her loss.

When I think the time is right, I'm going to give her these thought's that I've written down today. Maybe this will make her feel just a little bit better. Although I know that nothing, nor anyone will ever replace her precious child, but I'm hoping that in time, my friend will see what a positive impact her daughter had on the people who knew her, and how she won't be forgotten.

May God bless, encourage, and strengthen my friend to carry on, and always know that she's not alone.

May God also find favor upon her precious daughter.
© Copyright 2005 Candy (carolynann724 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1027444-Rendered-Childless