*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187814-Facebook-Obsession
by Meddle
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1187814
Facebook obsession
"Facebook Obsession"

Many people see stalking as someone following or watching another being usually of the opposite sex; but I like to call it obsession. Is obsession so wrong? We do it all the time over material objects like shoes, food, and drugs. Why not obsess over another human being? Many people think the person being obsessed over is a victim, but I like to call them the “luckily chosen”. They are just as real as you and I and they can offer a lot more than a plain pair of shoes.
There are two kinds of obsessors. First, is the “Facebook Obsessor”; I fall into this category because I like to read everything about the “luckily chosen”; however, I do not hide behind my computer like a stalker. I make my Facebook presence known by poking her at least a hundred times a day. I like to make photo albums of the “luckily chosen” where everyone can enjoy her as much as I do by looking at photos of her at the beach, at school, and in her bed. Sometimes the “luckily chosen will discard me as a friend and limit me from seeing her profile, but I don’t fret because I can just get on my friend’s Facebook and do my obsession from there.
Second, is the “External Obsessor”; I also fall in this category. The “External Obsessor” is an obsessor who goes beyond the digital world and into the real world obsessing the “luckily chosen” in person. I like to be in all of her classes and let her know I’m the guy from Facebook by giving a simple hello (Hey Pat). I also like to follow her in my white mini van and take pictures so I can later post them on my Facebook. The “luckily chosen” may put a restraining order on me, but girls will be girls; and I just accept it as her playing hard to get and continue my obsession.
I know many people see me as a stalker including the “luckily chosen”, but I am really just a man who wants to be there for my woman and let her know that I will always be there from the time she wakes to the time she sleeps, and from the time she sleeps to the time she wakes.
© Copyright 2006 Meddle (meddle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187814-Facebook-Obsession