*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227134-Moonlight-Dance-Part-2
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #1227134
The second part of my earlier piece of writing, Moonlight Dance.
Moonlight Dance (Part 2)


I still don't know what to do. Looking around I can see the sun steadily rising around me, lighting up the pale sky. My mind was still trying to work out the mystery of what had happened to me only a four minutes before. How did I know that girl's name? How did she know mine?

Slowly I push myself up, my shaking legs almost giving way as I stumble back inside, retreating to my bedroom, making sure to be as quiet as possible. I don't want to wake anyone up. That's all I need after this.

The memory is fuzzy. All I can remember is seeing her and speaking her name, answering her question. After that she was gone, and I have no recollection of what happened then.

So what is going on?

I sigh lightly, pulling the covers of my bed over my head. Maybe I was imagining it? No, it had felt too realy to be any kind of hallucination. Maybe some sleep will refresh my memory?

Yeah, right. Like that'll work.

I pause as I hear a soft tapping on my door. Hesitating, I stand up, reluctantly walking across the wooden flooring to look to my sister. She's older than me, but she seems younger than me most of the time. Her cute, girlish features and dark, curly hair. Her choclate eyes are magnified by the small layer of mascara already coating them so early in the morning.

What could she want?

'What is it?' I question curiously, whispering.

'I saw you last night.' She hissed, looking to me.

I say nothing. My gaze drifts across the landing to my parents' room, then back to Mia.

'Come into my room.' I order, pulling her in and closing the door quickly behind me. 'Now, what were you saying?'

'I saw what happened last night.'

'How?'

'I had something I was going to ask you about, and I didn't want to wait until morning, so I went to see if you were awake. I went to your room, but you weren't even there.' She paused, before continuing. 'I looked outside and saw you. I saw the ghost too.'

'You did?'

'I saw everything.'

I couldn't believe this. Maybe Mia would be able to help me work out what happened?

I glanced at my clock. It was almost nine o' clock. The time had gone by faster than I had expected.

'What did you see?' I asked, eager for answers.

'You were outside, talking to that girl, and from nowhere this other ghost sort of came over and took over your body. I think it was using you to communicate with the ghost girl.' She explains.

'But, wouldn't a ghost be able to communicate with her anyway?' I ask curiously.

'It's a legend...I know!' She cries suddenly, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the house.

'Where are we going?' I ask quickly, but I get no answer.

Eventually we arrive at the public library.

'Now what...?'

(Nyah. Continuations suck, no?)

Author's note: Had to cut it short, sorry. I'll continue as soon as I can!
© Copyright 2007 Starry Randomicity (hiddenaura at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1227134-Moonlight-Dance-Part-2