*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238313-Greater-Forces
by W.F.P.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1238313
Just some thoughts on life.
I was sitting watching t.v. on a Sunday afternoon in the nice suburban house that I have lived in for my entire life.  I was eight years old at the time and the day seemed like any other but, this was certainly not the case.  My parents called me and my older sister into the kitchen and sat us down.
         They said, "We have something to tell you."
         My sister and I were quiet in anticipation of what we were about to be told.
         This time my father alone said, "Your mother and I....are getting divorced."
         My mother breaks out into tears along with my sister and I. That is all I can remember of this one moment that changed my life forever.  Fast forward 10 years and I am now 18 years old and I have strolled down the wrong path, definitely not the path I had planned on.  With only a few months until graduation and no real plan for next year, means to most people that I am someone that is lost and that I need to figure out what I am going to do with my life. Where I live not going to college is like committing murder. To the people around here it's all about preparing yourself for the future, but what I don't understand is why people don't enjoy their lives. Most people spend there entire lives worrying about the future and by the time they are ready to enjoy life, it has already passed them by. I wonder about this because I can't understand why people can't see that life is a gift and although you must do something with your life, you can't spend all your time worrying about this and that.  Sometimes you need to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
© Copyright 2007 W.F.P. (shimmy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238313-Greater-Forces