*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247093-My-Red-Curse
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Other · #1247093
An man's curse causes disruption in his life

This story was written for the contest
 Psychological Story Contest  [E]
Round 11 is now OPEN Starts now and ends September 30.
by Masque of Licentia


She just didn't understand, when I get angry all I see is red auras.  Just red auras and none else.  All of the colors around me seem to drain out until I watching an old black and white picture from my eyes.  I see different shades of red depending on their feelings.  What other see as a gift, I’ve considered a curse I’ve held for thirty years.  When I was younger, I thought I was going blind when I couldn't see any colors.  It took several thousand dollars and four specialists to pinpoint that I was seeing Auras.  My parents referred me to some high-priced psychologists but I decided to hold it in.  It is my secret and mine alone and I made a vow long ago that I would carry it to my deathbed.  My parents already have.

The sight lasts for a short time so even while we’re having make-up sex, all I can see is a reddish glowing blob of human body parts?  It really ruins my endurance when even while she’s screaming, “Yes! Yes! Yes!” her shade never changes color.  I can only wonder if I’m really making her feel good inside.

“Why are you always angry every time we have sex?” I asked after couldn’t let her color consume me to oblivion.

“What are you talking about?” She asked.  I quickly told her my story.  She doesn’t talk for a moment but buries her head in her hands. “Are you having an affair?”

“Excuse me?”

“You asked me why I seem angry and I’m answering you by asking you a simple question.  Are you having an affair?”

“I love you.  How could you ask me that?”

“I’ve just had my suspicions and it’s been making me feel uneasy.  And if you can really see angry auras then that’s why.”

“I promise you that I am not having an affair.”  I told her.  A smile stretched across her face and she came over to me and sat in my lap.

“Are you angry now?” She asked me.  I shook my head.  I could see perfectly clear at the moment.  She took me to the bedroom where we proceeded to have completely normal colored filled sex.  But I wish to God that I had been angry.  Because then I would have seen that her color was blood red.  Because what I didn’t know at the time was that she had a gift too.  When she felt uneasy, she had the ability to see if people were lying.  So she knew I was lying when I said that I wasn’t having an affair.  She told me all this as I lay bleeding to death from the wound she gave me with the pair of scissors I did not see coming.

The one thing I regret more than anything is not cheating on her causing her to do what she did but that I did not keep my promise to myself by taking this secret to my grave.

© Copyright 2007 Gr8tfirefighter (gr8twriter247 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247093-My-Red-Curse