*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255792-TAINTED-LOVE
by toto
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Comedy · #1255792
10 min. play
CHARACTERS/TIME/PLACE

BEEBEE---29 YEARS OLD
JOHN-----33 YEARS OLD
COLE----31 YEARS OLD
LOTTIEMAE-----60 YEARS OLD


TIME
THE PRESENT, LATE AFTERNOON, 4:00 P.M.

PLACE

4221 KINGDOM ST. in Beebee's living room.


(BEEBEE IS SITTING ON HER COUCH READING A MAGAZINE WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN A KNOCK ON THE DOOR)


BEEBEE
Who is it?

COLE
It is me baby, I forgot my key.

(BEEBEE GOES OVER AND ANSWERS THE DOOR)

BEEBEE

Oh it's you, come on in.


COLE

I just wanted to talk to you about our problem. I know that things aren't going good right now, so can we talk about it please.

BEEBEE

Sure

(THE BOTH OF THEM WALKS OVER TO THE COUCH AND SITS DOWN. COLE HOLDS HER HANDS IN HIS, LOOKING INTO HER EYES.)

COLE

You know baby I still love you and I know deep down inside you still love me to. We have 2 wonderful kids together and I want to be around to watch them grow up. But I must say you have been acting strange lately, What's up?

( BEEBEE STARTS TO CRY, THEN SHE STARTS TO TALK WITH A BROKEN SPEACH)


BEEBEE

I don't know Cole, I just don't feel like I'm in love with you any more.

COLE

Why Bee? I s there something that I did to make you feel this way? Because if it is I have the right to know about it, so tell me.

BEEBEE

No. It's me, something that I did.

(COLE WIPES THE TEARS FROM HER EYES, THEN HE SPEAKS SOFTLY)

COLE

Oh come on now, what in the world could be so bad, that you have to end our marriage of 10 years.

(BEEBE HOLDS HER HEAD DOWN)

BEEBEE

Well you know when I was telling you that I was working late.

COLE

Yea.

BEEBEE

Well there's more to the story. I was seeing someone, and I believe that I''m in love with him.

(COLE MOVES HIS HANDS FROM HER, LEANS BACK ON THE COUCH, LOOKING A BIT UPSET)

COLE

WHO THE HELL IS IT?

(BEEBEE STANDS UP CLOSES HER ROBE, AND STARTS TO USE HAND GESTURES)

BEEBEE

It's your friend John.

COLE

WHAT! WHAT! I wasn't man enough for you that you had to sleep with my best friend.

BEEBEE

NO! It just happened. Sometimes I feel like you don't appreciate me, and you started talking me for granted.

COLE

So it is me. Look Bee I'm sorry, and I know we could get pass this. But tell me how long have you two been seeing each other?

BEEBEE
9 years.

(COLE STANDS UP WALKS OVER TO HER PUTS HIS INDEX FINGER IN HER FACE,)

COLE

Don't tell me that one or both of these kids aren't mine, please don't tell me that.

BEEBEE

I'm sorry, I really don't know.

COLE

You are right we should end this pathetic marriage. You are something else. I give it to you, for a while you had me fooled. Well I tell you what; I don't care what you say about the kids not being mine. I'm going to fight you for them.

BEEBEE

You don't have to they can stay with you for a while.

(COLE WALKS AWAY FROM BEEBE)

COLE

Auh thanks a lot. What's this you don't want to have anything to do with them either.

BEEBEE

That's not it. John doesn't like kids.

COLE

You mean to tell me that you are involved with a man who doesn't want to be around or like your kids. Momma told me that you weren't wrap to tight. But I didn't believe her and I married you any way.


BEEBEE
I ALWAYS KNEW THAT SHE DIDN'T LIKE ME. WELL I DON'T LIKE HER EITHER WITH HER SALT AND PEPPER WIG WEARING ASS.!!! She has a secret to tell you and your sister, but it's not my job to tell you.

COLE

THIS IS!! not about my momma, this is about me and you. You see how you can't stay on the subject.

(BEEBEE WALKS OVER TO THE DOOR AND OPENS IT)


BEEBEE

I knew this was going to be an argument. Cole just leave ok.

COLE

I'm not going anywhere. Ok where are my damm kids?

BEEBEE

Upstairs, now don't let them know what is wrong with us ok.

COLE

I'll handled it the way I want to. You are nothing but a sleezy slut.

(BEEBE CALLS THE KIDS DOWN STAIRS)

BEEBEE

YOLANDA!! COLE JR!!! come down stairs your daddy wants to see you.

(COLE TELLS THE KIDS TO GO GET INTO THE CAR, THE KIDS RACE TO THE CAR)

COLE

BITCH you show know how to hurt a guy.

BEEBEE

Cole just leave please.

(COLE LEAVES OUT THE DOOR, BEEBEE SHUTS THE DOOR, RETURNS BACK ON THE COUCH, WITH HER HEAD IN HER HANDS CRYING)


(TALKING TO HERSELF)

BEEBEE

Boy I messed up, but I know I had to tell him right. I hope John is for real.


(BEEBEE WALKS OVER TO THE MIRROR, LOOKING AT IT SHE STARTS TO THINK HOW IT USED TO BE WITH HER AND COLE, THEN SHE THINKS ABOUT HER AND JOHN, THE PHONE RINGS, SHE ANSWERES IT)


BEEBEE

Hello.....hello..... Momma Lottie don't start with me ok. You need to tell your secret to cole and his sister, and stay out of my business ok.


CALLER...(LOTTIEMAE)

That's my son and grandkids'; I don't take kindly to people messing over on them. Haffa you should know that about me, and why you tell Cole that the kids aren't his?

(BEEBEE PUTS THE PHONE RECEIVER DOWN, THEN PICKS IT UP AGAIN)

BEEBEE

What you have is a momma's boy. I need a man, A man who knows how to treat a lady.

CALLER....(LOTTIEMAE)

That's if you were a lady. But youz a slut.

(BEEBE HANGS UP THE PHONE ON LOTTIEMAE, THEN IT RINGS AGAIN)

CALLER....(LOTTIEMAE)

Don't you ever hang up the freaking phone on me ever again.

(BEEBEE HANGS UP THE PHONE AGAIN, THEN SHE TAKES THE PHONE OFF THE HOOK, WHEN A KNOCK AT THE DOOR, IT'S JOHN, BEEBEE ANSWERS THE DOOR, SHE JUMPS INTO HIS ARMS)


JOHN

What's wrong baby? You are trembling.

BEEBEE

I told Cole about us.and I just got off the phone with his mother.

(JOHN HALF SMILING)

JOHN

I could imagine how that went down. Cole is mad as hell at both of us, and his mother is upset, she doesn't take any mess when it comes to her family.

(THE BOTH OF THEM ARE SITTING ON THE COUCH, WHEN A KNOCK ON THE DOOR, BEEBEE ANSWERS IT LOTTIEMAE PUSHES HER DOWN MAKING HER WAY OVER TO THE COUCH, THEN SHE STABS JOHN)

(BEEBEE STARTS TO CRY)

BEEBEE

ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'm calling the police.


(BEEBEE TRIES TO MAKE THE 911 CALL WHEN LOTTIEMAE GRABS THE PHONE FROM HER KNOCKS HER DOWN, THEN BEEBEE MANAGES TO STAND BACK UP AND FINISHES THE 911 CALL)

BEEBEE

911!!!!, PLEASE SEND A POLICE OVER TO 4221 KINGDOM ST. MY MOTHER-IN-LAW JUST STABED MY BOYFRIEND.


(BEEBEE HANGS UP THE PHONE, LOTTIEMAE RUNS OUT THE DOOR BEFORE THE COPS SHOWS UP.)

(BEEBEE GOES OVER TO JOHN'S BODY, THEN SHE REALIZES THAT HE IS DEAD, SHE STARTS TO CRY)


THE DEATH OF A FRIEND AND LOVER

THE END..................



word count----1227



© Copyright 2007 toto (lottiemae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255792-TAINTED-LOVE