*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266098-Fall-Foliage
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1266098
Bye Bye Summer, Hello Autumn
It was a wonderful summer, one with warm temps and enough rain to keep all of our plants looking healthy and vibrant. The purples and reds and yellows and oranges of all the flowers were absolutely beautiful. They would greet you when you opened your door or shades to your windows. Mother Nature had outdone herself this summer.

Slowly the days grew a tad bit cooler; I knew this meant that autumn was coming and that all my beautiful flowers would soon stop blooming. It wasn’t long after that the temperatures started taking deep dips during the night time hours. Luckily, I had planted some mums so there were still reds and oranges and dark yellows that I could still enjoy.

Finally the first light frost came around, and we new that summer had left us. But I was thrilled the day I walked out my door to see a sudden burst of red and orange. All the trees had decided to play dress up that day, and made the whole world beautiful, all over again.

Word Count : 181
© Copyright 2007 Gamma Jill (gammajill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266098-Fall-Foliage