*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270617-The-Naked-Truth
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1270617
Entry for Flash Quote Contsest ending June 1, 2007
“Do you know what’s in those things?”

The sun shone brightly and a light breeze blew in from the bay. I had packed a picnic lunch which we readily consumed after playing all morning in the park. I was passing out cup cakes for desert. A young man approached me with the question.

“Excuse me?” I replied.

“Do you know what’s in those things?” he repeated. “Did you know that eighty-five percent of all ADD cases can be controlled through diet alone. Blue dye is strongly linked to. . .

“Gracie, sweetie, that fell on the ground. Here eat mine”

“. . . dye will causes lab rat to be unable to concentrate. Red dye is . . .”

“Are you finished, Mary? Wipe your face and run play.”

“. . . hives and asthma. Vanillin is made from . . .”

“Mary, up the stairs, down the slide.”

And that’s the naked truth about what you just fed your children.”

“Hmm. I’m sorry. Let’s go back to the first question. I made these from scratch with all natural ingredients. So, yes, I know what’s in them.”

End of entry. 187 Words

For true stories from people who have discovered the Naked Truth about the effects artificial food dyes, preservatives, and flavors in our food supply, go to http://www.feingold.org.
© Copyright 2007 GirlsNGlasses (girlsnglasses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270617-The-Naked-Truth