A list of "guidelines" I've carried in my wallet for a number of years . . .
|1. Truth makes things easier.
2. A darkness of the heart is sometimes inevitable.
3. Not all good things are possible.
4. Beauty without is within.
5. Foolish pride is a hindrance.
6. To thine own self be true.
7. Order is necessary to freedom.
8. It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
9. Humility – ah – humility.
10. Humor is in all things.
11. It is wasteful not to be alive.
12. If you would be loved, love and be loveable.
13. Writing is essential to your life.
14. People can love and still betray.
15. Have fun anyway.