*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331774-dreams
by Blink
Rated: E · Article · Friendship · #1331774
time to depart with my fren
“Samantha, do you really mean you are going to resign?” I asked

I was shocked to hear this. Samantha is my best friend since High School, we graduated together, sat for the civil service exams, had taken the Post Graduate course together and had just joined our service about seven months back. We were still on our probation period in job and here she was giving me a big surprise. A thousand thoughts went on in my mind at the same time…I was trying to digest what she was saying.

‘Yes, I will be very soon, after I get the visa’s, she responded calmly.

This was the first time she had shared something with me after so long. I was not expecting it in any way. Usually, even though I was her best friend, I too would only know at the last minute and it didn’t bother me in any way. But this time it was different and it really touched me. She was the calm, supportive friend who would always be there for me.

‘I am going to pursue my dreams’, she told me and then I understood what she meant by that. She never complains but this didn’t mean she was contended being in the job. She was taking the risks by resigning from service and I was amazed by her audacity to do that. This made me think what my dreams were? She had her dreams and was now out to fulfill them. I was happy for her but sad at the thought that I won’t be seeing my friend for a long time now. It was time to let go off my friend uncertain of when we will meet again.

Every one of us have dreams but very few of us set out to fulfill them and my friend was one of them.
© Copyright 2007 Blink (blink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331774-dreams