*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342301-Garbyhog---The-Worm-That-Wanted-To-Fly
by verve
Rated: E · Outline · Children's · #1342301
A ‘Green’ book for children to help create awareness of Climate Change
Synopsis of

‘Garbie Garbyhog - The Worm That Wanted to Fly,’ by Veena Nagpal.
Published by Environment Education Promoters, India.

A ‘Green’ book for children to help create awareness of Climate Change and the need for actionable solutions.

‘Garbie Garbyhog - The Worm That Wanted to Fly,’ is a lively and inspiring tale of the adventures of a composter worm named Garbie Garbyhog.
Listening to his best friend Cathy Butterfly chatter about the wonderful world that lies beyond the garbage heap where Garbie lives, he is extremely unhappy about who he is and what he has to do – eat and excrete, eat and excrete the whole day. He is sick of his whole lowly, unimportant existence!
All Garbie longs for is to be able to fly. He sets out on a long and arduous journey to get himself a pair of wings like Cathy’s.
A series of adventures unfold and Garbie meets a young boy who is an unhappy as himself! The boy is sick of the way people in his neighborhood leave their garbage littered everywhere. He is sick of the stench and the dirt. He longs to do something to get rid of the mess but doesn’t know what to do about it.
Suddenly Garbie realizes that his was not a worthless existence! Together with his clan of Garbyhogs, he could clean up the young boy’s entire neighborhood! God had created him with a unique mission – to hog garbage and turn it into valuable vermi-compost. It was a gift God had given only to Garbyhogs.
They form a unique partnership. The young boy gets his friends together to build a home for the Garbyhogs and the Garbyhogs in turn help clean up the boy’s neighborhood.
The book includes a 12 page colored Instruction booklet on Vermi-composting.
What they say:

“The Garbyhog Home Builders Project is part of a very wide perspective that makes us think of our own individual responsibility towards the earth’s resources. It deserves all support.”

Dr. RK Pachauri, Chairman of the Inter-Government Panel on Climate Change, Winner of NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2007









© Copyright 2007 verve (verve_nagpal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342301-Garbyhog---The-Worm-That-Wanted-To-Fly