*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353865-HoboJaimes-field-guide-to-DumpsDives
Rated: 13+ · Documentary · Action/Adventure · #1353865
A disgruntled travelers guide to a restless nites sleep in Americas tawdryest motels
Travels are like dreams,The'll take you anyplace you want to go,and sometimes,to places you don't want to be. . . [ Gunther DiCarlo] ...Hobo Jaime's field guide to Dumps,Dives and Degenerates. A disgruntled travelers guide to a restless nite's sleep in Americas tawdryest motels..NO REFUNDS HERE...DON'T ASK!!    Field Trip 1 [Lake Tahoe,NV to Matamoros,Mexico]  Chapter 1 [The Microwave Incident] All journeys begin with the first restless nites sleep,and mine just happened to be at the appropriately named Apex Inn.The crystalline waters of Lake Tahoe are only a stones throw away,but the incessant noise of traffic wafting in off of Cal Hgwy 80 suffocate any feelings of the lakes serene beauty.Crammed into a room the size of a broom-closet,I immediately rued the day before in Reno,Nv.,when I went online to the Orbitz Travel Website and made my first and hopefully last online room reservation.On the trip over Spooner Pass from Carson City,I got my first breathtaking glimpse of Lake Tahoe through strands of enormous Ponderosa Pines.Cresting the summit,the enormity of Lake Tahoe reveals itself for the first time,and with my spirits rising,I made the long descent down into the Tahoe Basin.         
© Copyright 2007 hobojaime (hobojaime at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353865-HoboJaimes-field-guide-to-DumpsDives