*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355836-Comfort-Birds
Rated: E · Preface · Biographical · #1355836
Definition of what I learned from a greeting card.
I am a Nurse. One psychological truth about Nurses is that they love to give, but have a hard time accepting help. This is true of me. I see my life as progressive and a constant self knowledge learning experience. When in a bookstore, I was attracted to a greeting card with the simple photo of a bird perched on an outstretched hand. It was black and white and very dramatic. I bought the card, thinking I would send it to friends for different occasions. I was so intrigued with the picture that I didn't even open the card.
When I got it home, I set it next to the computer screen, meaning to file it away. One night, after a particularly stressful day at work, I knocked the card off the computer table. It fell open, and I saw the words "Sometimes you give comfort and get comfort at the same time".  I suddenly realized how this phrase applied to me and to my work. Now that card is framed above my computer.
© Copyright 2007 comfortbird (creatif at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355836-Comfort-Birds