*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365771-wearing-labels
Rated: E · Script/Play · Drama · #1365771
this is a skit about being one in christ no matter what our denomination. may add to it
WEARING LABELS
DENOMINATIONAL SKIT
WRITTEN BY: DEANNA FLEMING

CAST: PASTORS AND PREACHERS FROM DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS.

CHRURCHES: PENTECOSTAL
BAPTIST
PRESBYTERIAN
METHODIST
CHURCH OF GOD
CHURCH OF CHRIST
NON DEMOMINATIONAL
THE PASTORS WILL EACH BE WEARING THEIR LABEL AROUND THEIR NECKS WITH A CHRISTIAN LABEL UNDERNEATH

1 MALE NEGOTIATOR
2 CHRISTIANS
1 DEMON(DIVISION)
JESUS
SONG: WE WILL STAND BY AVALON

SETTING: CONFERENCE ROOM (all the pastors and preachers are talking at once among themselves)

Pastors: What are we all doing here? What’s this all about? We do not agree on anything so why are we all here together? This is ridiculous someone needs to find out why we have been brought here today like this. (pastors continue to mumble about why they are there.)


Negotiator: (stands at the front of the group and clears his throat and calls for everyone to quiet down) I have asked each one you here for a very specific purpose. This city is tired of the rivalry between the churches so we are here to try and determine which of you is right. Once we have come to the end of the discussion we will know once and for all which of you has the correct way of doing things. I will give each of you a chance to make your case for your denomination then you will be allowed to debate the differences in your churches. We will start to my right and work out way around the table.

The spirit of division is sitting in the middle of the table with an evil smile upon his face ready to cause arguing amongst the pastors and preachers.

Church of God: Well I for one think this is ridiculous! We are never going to agree on who is right and who is wrong because we all think we are right!

Methodist: Yes I agree, but we need to try something. The people are getting tired of the arguing amongst the churches. I for one have noticed a drop in the number of people coming to church, so maybe this will work, maybe we can at least come up with a solution to the problem.

The spirit of division becomes angry and begins to stir up the rest of the pastors in disagreement with one another. He is walking around whispering in each ear as he makes his way around the table.

Baptist: Why is it that we have to agree on anything? For years and years things have always been this way why do we have to change things now.

Non-denominational: I for one do not even belong here! I am a pastor of a non denominational church and this is about denominations. You are the ones with the problems not us. You are the ones who can’t seem to get it right!

Presbyterian: Hey wait just a minute who do you think you are telling us we have problems? I have heard people talking about you and your church. Non denominational has become a denomination in itself so you are no different than we are. As for us Presbyterians what is wrong with the way we do things? We don’t bother any body.

Pentecostal: Well I know you all think that to be Pentecostal you have to be crazy and that all we do is jump around or fall out on the floor but none of you have ever given us a chance and I for one do not care to have to prove anything to anybody.

Church of Christ: How does anybody expect us to work this out?! We all believe differently about how to run a church. I can’t believe I am even here! This is never going to work!

Negotiator: If everyone will quiet down we need to begin.(looks to his left ) you will begin. State your case as to why you believe the Baptist way is the right way you will have 3mins. And then we will move on the next person .

At this time the two Christians and Jesus walk into the room.

Negotiator: Excuse me. This is a closed meeting you are going to have to leave.

Christian #1: What are you all doing in here? Why are you fighting over things that don’t really even matter.


Christian#2: Who cares about all this stuff? Its just stuff.

Christian#1: Do we not all believe in the same God? Don’t we all believe that Jesus was Gods son, that he was born of a virgin and was crucified for our sins. That on the third day he rose from the dead and now sits at the right hand of God?

Christian#2: Why are we fighting amongst ourselves? Aren’t we supposed to work together to bring the lost and hurting to Christ. To go to the ends of the earth and save the sinners from death and hell. Aren’t we supposed to bring life to Gods people?
(The Christians spread their arms wide and the pastors start toward them.)

At this time Jesus makes his way to the spirit of division and casts him from the room. Once the demon is gone a peace settles over the room and the pastors begin to see more clearly. They shed their labels and embrace on another. Song begins.
© Copyright 2007 imaginations (heavenlydreams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1365771-wearing-labels