*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376233-A-Word
Rated: E · Thesis · Educational · #1376233
What would you do if it happened to you? Leave word, at the entrance to the labyrinth?
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but "words", they can tear your heart out.
For those that come here, near to bursting, needing kneeding as much as wanting, to entertain, to explain, to change opinion, or perspective, to teach, to preach, to make a speech, to make a difference, to find another mind that thinks alike, to make a living, to learn by giving, to play, to work, to inspire, to admire, to appreciate, to encourage, to participate, to reflect, to reciprocate, to include rather than exclude;
It can be a deflating experience and a bitter lesson of the formerly oblivious to learn the obvious,that this site's system, like any corporation running on money, is inherently hostile to those without a paid membership and a reserve of purchased gps to use seeking community recognition by giving merit badges and/or pretty ribbons. It takes its pound of flesh regardless of what it's discarding by disabling or deletion leaving you to mourn the passing of friends.
While in contrast, we tell our stories for a variety of reasons, mostly for a higher purpose to say while sharing that we are like sentience, more than just the sum of our experiences.

m

Other than not having a paid membership I have no explanation for the actions of site administration. My auto rewards function has been disabled so I am unable to reward in reflection. My email coming and going is deleted without notice or explanation so I am unable to respond. When I use another IP address to enter, one that is not tracked, the small Font imposed on my account becomes apparent so I am not even able to read here. A friend, DOT's entropy with a 3 year account came here to see the problem at the source and was deleted for no other reason. 1500 reviews, 2 dozen merit badges, a half dozen ribbons, one a 70,000 gps prize all gone. A daily visitor once, I have reduced my comings to a monthly visit and leave this message as a word of warning's caution regarding a control freak's whim.
© Copyright 2008 macbeth (weathergod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376233-A-Word