*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380433-Anger
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #1380433
What makes you angry?
*Angry*

Who hasn't been angry at some time or another? BUT to what degree and how to control your anger is also another story...talking about stories, let's talk about anger.

There is the anger you feel when as a pedestrian on the pedestrian crossing, a car wizzes past. You can still feel the vibrations of the car and the indignation. Why couldn't that creep stop. Instead you have to jump across the street to avoid getting hit. No respect I say.

Or what about the time, this time as a driver, a car doesn't give you priority of the right and luckily you slowed down first..my mind boggles thinking of what could have been..

Or a police car blocks your garage in order to buy some cigarettes at the store across from you.

You are told by prominent psychologists to try to count to 10, and to reason why you have these feelings of anger and frustration. I have come to the simple conclusion that people don't care enough about each other. So what..you see a little old lady trying to cross the street, someone else will stop, or someone else will help her. Why not YOU now?

To start to make this world anger-free we have to stop putting each other in these situations. We are too stressed, too egotistical and certainly too unaware of our neighbours' problems. I am far from being Joan of Arc, but each Christmas/New Year, I buy each of my neighbours (and there are at least 5) a small present to let them know that we appreciate them and after 11 years of living on the same street, we have very few problems with "neighbours from hell".

So, my friends, think about it..the next time you are in the driver's seat, or you see a little old lady crossing the road (you never know it could very well be ME!!) slow down, maybe even stop. You might even think of my words.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT MAKES YOU ANGRY - AS LONG AS IT ISN'T ME!!
© Copyright 2008 Wild and Restless Rose (meropi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380433-Anger