thoughts that come while observing others
2. A child is given birth by the parents and has nothing to give in return except love. An obedient, loving child is a joy. A disobedient, disrespectful child to the obliging parents ranges from disappointment to burden to curse.
3. Perhaps life on earth is Heaven and Hell, the reward or punishment side by side. Perhaps life on earth is only Heaven (or only Hell). Most likely it is neither.
4. When you think you are impressing someone you are usually having the opposite effect. When you impress someone favorably, if you ever do, it's when you are unaware of being watched.
5. Jesus told his disciples,"...........do this in remembrance of me." because he understood that was the ultimate they could do for him after his death. Remembrance of those we love after they are gone, and perpetuating that memory in future generations, is the ultimate gift we can give them.
6. Life is a chess match and time is our opponent.
7. I have observed, with a few exceptions, the less hair a man has on the top of his head the more he wants in other places.
8. The savior of religions is that they are able to take any thought or event and twist it to their own ends.
9. The main difference between standing in the shower and the rain is that rain doesn't come in the right temperature.
10. Each man has more than one life, some he lived before and one where he straddles the line between then and to be.
11. I always wanted to be recognized for my looks. I didn't know it would come in the form of a senior citizen's discount.
12. I discovered today mayonnaise doesn't readily spread on a slice of tomato.
13. Have you noticed how dogs like to smell of each others rear ends but they don't like for us to blow in their faces?
14. If we truly believe Heaven is all we say then why do we take medicines and treatments to avoid it and why do we punish murderers for sending us there?
15. I wonder who started the rumor Barack Obama is smart.
16. Capitalism is built on the backs of laborers but the laborers are better off for it.
17. The flaw of Socialism - if the pie is equally divided no one will bake the pie.
18. The rich man may have more idle time but his air conditioner isn't any cooler or his bed any softer.
19. The Republicans are not the party of "No". The party out of power is the party of "No".
20. Prayer seems akin to having an imaginary friend. There is nothing wrong with having someone with whom to talk, someone who will listen without interrupting.
21. The veracity of the deity is not as important as the strength of faith. Faith is the reality.
If you don't believe this then just let the natives use you as a sacrifice to the sun god.
22. The sarcasm and derision directed toward Christianity today by entertainers and the media, often disguised as humor or art, is actually a degree of persecution which Christianity has endured since its inception.
23. I suspect, no matter how obnoxious or offensive, every person considers himself or herself a misunderstood good guy.
24. I don't want someone to make me happy, just someone with whom I can be happy.
25. The truest measure of affection - will you miss me when I'm gone?
26. Be wary of those using Jesus as a character reference.
27. In regard to character -
When a man tells who he "is", be suspicious.
The man who says I "am .......", likely is not.
28. You can never be the equal of someone who has the power or ability to take that equality away. Unfortunately this applies to men and women in the United States today. If men give equility to women by writing laws and enforcing those laws, then that equality exists only on paper. Men have equality with each other due to these same laws. In the face of chaos, true equality is acquired through force.
29. Happiness is like a yo-yo. It always comes back to Health.
30. Happiness, like other emotions, has a limited stage of intensity. However it can mellow into a prolonged contentment.
31. I knew a man who when confronted with subject matter with which he was unfamiliar would reply, "who cares". The more ignorant a person, the more "who cares" he or she is likely to have.