*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408487-Growing-Up
by *hal
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1408487
life & love
I could feel the wet, cool pelting against my skin as I spun around on the merry-go-round.
The whole world whipped wildly around my head and made it all one green-blue mass.
It was a glorious day; even with the rain the sun shone through the clouds and trees.
My shrieking laughter and the sensation took me back to my childhood days.
A time when I ate too much candy, stayed in the rain too long, and played all day.
However, I wasn’t a child any longer; in more ways than one I had grown up.
From a short, pig tailed girl, who knew exactly what she wanted, to an indecisive teenager.
The thoughts of my childhood vanished when he put his hand on mine.
Then through the rain he whispered “I love you,” into my ear.
This wiped away all my lingering thoughts, fears, and made me smile to myself and allowed me to enjoy life even while spinning in circles.

11.13.08
© Copyright 2008 *hal (heathbar72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408487-Growing-Up