*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447923-My-Bathtub
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Environment · #1447923
My realization of the importance of water.
Assignment:
Today write about water: tap water, ocean water, rain water, any water. Even an experience or a dream about water that has both wet and whetted the imagination will do.

         As I linger in my tub of steaming water sipping my iced tea, it occurs to me that water is perhaps the most overlooked need of my life.  It not only revitalizes my exhausted body at the end of the day by allowing me to cleanse and pamper myself in it with scented, popping bubbles, but it refreshes the inside of me also.  The cube of ice I gently suck on reminds me of how the inside of my body craves the refreshment as well.  I realize water is that friend you often take for granted, knowing they will always be there for you.  My imagination wonders to a world without the gift of water.  I shudder at the realization.  Not only would there be no luxury of baths and frivolous glasses of iced tea, but there would be no rain on a cool spring night, no ponds for our fish, and no laughter from our children.  Without water there would be no world, no us.  I sink deeper into my bath concentrating on the feel of the water over every inch of me.  I swallow the cool drops from the ice.  In my mind I can see the water traveling through my body.  The nerves of my body seem awaken to a new level.  Is this the water, my imagination, or my sudden appreciation?  I bask in the feeling, trying to burn it into my memory afraid it will not occur again.  This is the closest I have felt to nature, here in my own bathtub. 
© Copyright 2008 audra_branson (abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447923-My-Bathtub