*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448271-Dear-Creativity
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Career · #1448271
A letter to my creativity, begging her to come back
Dear Creativity

What have you done to me?
You have taken away the creative juices that helped me write in grammatically perfect and stupendously flowery but coherent sentences.

Why have you robbed me of it?
My brain now draws a blank when I see an empty sheet of Word. Instead of feeling deliriously happy like I used to, now I just shudder at what and how I should fill the page. It scares me that I may be losing touch. It annoys me at how many mistakes there are in my articles.

Did I in my own way piss you off? Why have you deserted me? Is it because I stemmed you in when I got caught up in the rigid structure of editorial work? Can you please give me back my descriptive and flowery words, my ability to think outside the box? I want to do away with the structure and just let you flow.

I do not want to begin most of my writings with: 'It is described as..'.

When did I become such a bore? When have I stopped writing fiction and started focusing on factual articles?

Come back to me creativity
I'll be a good girl and not hem you in.
© Copyright 2008 sammie bows to Queen mentor (renascent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448271-Dear-Creativity