*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457325-Refuge
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #1457325
Rest and relaxation and getting away from it all.
The silence here is broken, only by the sound of the falling water. And the otherwise still pool below is stirred to ripples that start small and fan out in the pool almost inducing me into a hypnotic state. Alone for the first time in a while, I can drift in splendid wonder.

As my mind relaxes, I become thoughtful and quiet. I resolve to come here more often. I look at the pleasant surroundings and fix in my mind this exact spot so that I can come back to it. At every chance I will steal away to this solitude and refreshment.

Soon enough I will have to leave, but my consolation will be the revitalization I feel when I leave. I will return to the hustle and bustle of “civilization”. But my feelings will be renewed and I will be able to close my eyes and remember this peaceful time in my refuge.

I will do the things I have to do, until I can get back here to do the one thing I love. I will return here to be alone again. Then I will gaze at the pool and the water falling and the ripples, and I will slip into the water for another relaxing hot bath….       
© Copyright 2008 godspeed (fshs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457325-Refuge