*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518352-Dear-Mr-President
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Political · #1518352
What I'd want to say to President Obama
Dear President Obama,

Congratulations. You’ve won what is widely considered to be a critical election.

As an average American citizen, I would just like to say a few things to you on your first day in office.

I admit I don’t like you. I did not vote for you. However, many Americans did – congratulations again. In spite of my dislike for you, I do wish you all the best. You’re now in charge of a nation plagued by war, economic downturn, unemployment, debt and plenty of other problems. I hope you’ll be able to fix some of these problems. I also hope that you don’t allow yourself to fall into the trap of being an arrogant politician. You yourself said that nobody is above the law – remember that. Too many politicians think the law doesn’t apply to them; please don’t be one of them. Also do not let yourself believe you are invincible. This is also a mistake that many politicians seem to make, and it’s never good for them.

The majority of my youth was spent under Bush. The majority of my young adulthood will be spent under you. I hope you are able to change my mind about how I feel about you. I also hope you are able to instill in people far younger than myself a sense of hope and pride.

I said it previously, but I think it bears repeating: keep your arrogance and your pride in check.

I know the words of a broke college kid at a small school in Tornado Alley probably don’t count for much in today’s world. However, I hope you’ll take them to heart.




Sincerely,

Requiem

© Copyright 2009 Requiem (beautifuldrama at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1518352-Dear-Mr-President